Just Lost The Biggest Pot Of My Life

I play a decent amount live, but mostly 1/2 with a $300 pot cap. The only time I played this high and deep was at the Wynn, and they actually played pretty tight. I saw someone fold JJ there against a tight predictable player on an AQJ board. Obviously, this is a different kind of game than the one I played in there, but I still think that we have a better chance of getting paid off here by calling and waiting for the turn. No matter which hands you think people will be folding (be it K9 or KJ), I think it's pretty undeniable that there are certain hands that people will stick with if they get committed after a turn bet, but will fold to a flop push. I'm pretty sure hero's thought process was "I've got a huge hand, I better hammer it so I don't get outdrawn" instead of "how do I maximize the value on this".
You should play in LA; the games are juicy. When I pushed the flop, it wasn't to protect my hand. I just figured that if villan would call a normal raise, he would call a push (he was that bad). I waited for about 5 seconds and said "all in." I did fear a heart, but more that it would kill the action if he wasn't on a flush draw; I would have no problem getting away from my hand if I felt I was beat to a heart. Each player and each game is different, in this game, a push was the best play IMO. In the game your describing, I would prob call the c/r and push a blank turn. In this case, I didn't want villan to get away from his hand. My push looked a flush draw; who pushes that much with the nuts.......

Actuary's right, Actuary's always right when it comes to the math. Because these guys aren't sophisticated players, he couldn't imagine you would play a set that fast. He probably didn't realize he was slow rolling you. He wanted to see your hand and then he couldn't beleive how dumb a play he had atcually made. Fish can't be blame for making fish moves.

You would be shocked at what live NL players will do.
Again, folks ... live play is SO different. I play a lot of live poker and I dominate it, but it seems like I suck on the internet. (Even if I nutbar, I will get sucked out on every time, but that's another story). In live play, you get one table, and a few hands per hour. When people make ANY connection with a flop, you're going to get action. I'm not kidding when I tell you that it's g-r-e-a-t, but sporadically heart-breaking.