kk floping top set on a flushed board

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP1 with [K :spade: ], [K :diamond: ]. 2 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: (16 SB) [8 :club: ], [K :club: ], [9 :club: ] (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls.Turn: (10 BB) [4 :heart: ] (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (18 BB) [K :heart: ] (2 players)Hero bets, MP3 calls.Final Pot: 20 BBvillian was very loose and had started to find it fun to threebet me PF with any decent hand, like k10, Amidx, you know really good hands :wink: . I had put him on a K with a club kicker(AK maybe?) or even a set of nines or eights(but I don't think he was savvy enough to threebet isolate me here). I didn't think he had the flush but I could be wrong. Did I chip spew on the turn? Could I have Cred the river or would that've been too fancy? THe turn play is what I really care about

Guest XXEddie

I wouldnt three bet the turnusually if you slowplay a flush, youll wait till the turn to bet/raise with it since the betting is bigger there. Him absolutely shoulda told you he had a flushthe river bet is fine of course

You say he is crazy pre-flop, but don't give us any info on how he plays post-flop. If he is just as crazy post-flop, I think the 3-bet is fine on the turn. Even if you happen to be wrong this time and he does have the flush, you have 10 outs. But he could do this crazy raising on the turn with Aces with the Ace of clubs (thinking he was slowplaying you on the flop), two pair, or a lower set. In those scenarios, you are just screwing yourself if you don't raise on the turn. I don't like the check/raise idea on the river, too risky. Betting doesn't change anything, he will either go crazy on you again on the river, or he will call you almost certainly for one more bet. If he had a lower set and made a boat, it's getting capped in all likelihood anyway. And if the K on the river destroys his lower two pair, you are getting it checked behind you.

Yeah, some post-flop reads would be nice, although if the range of hands you put him on preflop generally indicates that you're ahead at that point, then I like the way you played it. I'm actually not ruling out that he had pocket 4s (Probably with 4c) and turned his underset.And I agree that simply firing at the river is the correct play. Yeah, maybe you'll gloat if you can draw another bet out of him, but if he's truly a maniac, he'll bet/raise anyway whether you led or not.

If he was playing 'ABC' the only hands you are behind are A:club:Q:club:, A:club:J:club: and maybe A:club:T:club: The fact that he was loosely 3-betting you pre flop ironically makes it more likely that he has you beat on the turn.All that said its highly likely that you are ahead still and if not, you still have 10 outs on the river to the nuts.Raise the turn and bitch-slap him into next week.Don't bother with the CR on the end. If he's playing loose and has a hand, even the flush, he will likely raise and you will get 3 bets in.