Tptk Facing A Lot Of Agression

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $45.65CO: $26.45Button: $4.65SB: $35BB: $26.80Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with K :D A :DHero raises to $1, 3 folds, BB calls.Flop: J :D 2 :) K :) ($2.1, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.5, BB raises to $3, Hero calls.Turn: 9 :) ($8.1, 2 players)BB bets $5, Hero calls.River: 6 :club: ($18.1, 2 players)BB is all-in $17.8, Hero......No reads....Should i have 3bet the flop? Can i fold the turn? Every draw in the world got there on the turn, though im not completely sure he's the kind of player that would have raised a draw on the flop.

Looks like he either tried to over play a draw hoping that he would get paid off big if he hits or a simple K,J.he only needed to call .75 more, so 3BB's looks pretty standard J,KBut at the same time i can see KQ playing this way as well.. just not too sure about his river push with 1 pair. I think if u raise the turn, you are pretty much committed to call the rest of villains stack.You might want to raise to 8 from his raise to 3 on the flop, my guess is he pushes with 2 pair, or set, and smooth calls with draws

Looks like he either tried to over play a draw hoping that he would get paid off big if he hits or a simple K,J.he only needed to call .75 more, so 3BB's looks pretty standard J,KBut at the same time i can see KQ playing this way as well.. just not too sure about his river push with 1 pair. I think if u raise the turn, you are pretty much committed to call the rest of villains stack.You might want to raise to 8 from his raise to 3 on the flop, my guess is he pushes with 2 pair, or set, and smooth calls with draws
whoops, typo....i was talking about 3-betting the flop. not raising the turn.

As played, you fold this river due to lack of information. I'm guessing you were pretty much dead on the turn.Most everything has you beat: Q10, KJ, flush draws, trips. The only hand you can beat is KQ.I actually think it might be an overplayed KQ or a KJ beacuse of his bet on the turn, but you didn't do anything to find out. Calling down and hoping your hand is good is a major leak.Reraise his reraise on the flop and the problem is gone. Either he's got a real hand or he's got real guts. If he calls that, then you check/fold that turn. If he reraises you, you let go of the hand for $10 total. As played, you lose $9 and can't call his $17.8 cause your range for what he's got is mostly things that beat you.EDIT: If you don't like getting your stack involved with one pair, you gotta do more on the flop when it's cheap to find out infromation.

EDIT: If you don't like getting your stack involved with one pair, you gotta do more on the flop when it's cheap to find out infromation.
Agree, not too mention, check raises on the flop, especially at these levels are just a lame scare tactic, a beginners idea of how to represent strength for cheap.More than half the time i come over the top of weak check raises i end up takin the pot down.But dont quote me on this. :club:

I think calling is your worst option on the flop, with no reads folding is not an option so you much re-pop the flop. However, at $25NL, I wouldn't even trust that if he comes back over the top of you he has you beat, so that somewhat nulls the effectiveness of this play. Sometimes it is harder to play against lesser opponents in that respect. Anyhow, I see keep the aggression/lead in the hand, don't give it up and it can help you avoid some of these situations.

ok, so i 3bet the flop and get called....then lead the turn and get raised....can we get away then? I'm pretty sure that after my 3bet on the flop and whatever i would have led into the turn, most or all of his stack would be going in the pot with a turn raise. I agree with the 3bet preflop....but how far are you going with it after this? What if the turn was the 9 :club:

ok, so i 3bet the flop and get called....then lead the turn and get raised....can we get away then? I'm pretty sure that after my 3bet on the flop and whatever i would have led into the turn, most or all of his stack would be going in the pot with a turn raise. I agree with the 3bet preflop....but how far are you going with it after this? What if the turn was the 9 :club:
You definitely need to re-reraise villain on the flop. $9 looks good to me, because I usually overbet TPTK on draw heavy boards since people seem more willing to chase in cash games. If villain calls, I think you have to c/f that turn with an unknown villain. If it was the 9s, then I lead again.
So you re-reraise the flop, and he calls. With the 9 of hearts, you're check folding this turn. I'm not that thrilled with the 9 of spades either, but it might lead me to a check call any bet that shows weakness (whatever fits the pattern of this fellow when showing weakness) instead of a check fold. I think you slow down against opponents who aren't totally stupid. But if you think he might overplay KQ or K10, then by all means...get it all in. I bet your re-reaise will define this hand much better.