College Football #2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you factor in the points from turnovers, the scores are-Michigan 35 Notre Dame 21.USC 44 Notre Dame 16.The rest really was just luck.
Thats hilarious, lets just make up other random stats. I say receptions of less than 15 yards are worth one point and over are worth two, so the scores are really blah blah blah... it's all luck.He said he is comparing the one thing Michigan and USC have in common and that is ND as an opponent and the results of that game. You call it variance, I call it dominance, and if you watched Michigan absolutely turn ND's offense into a 1 dimensional turd then you would know what I was talking about. That same offense was moving the ball consistently by ground and air vs USC, they just weren't finish off drives. Sidenote: I'd say ND's win over GT was more impressive than PSU.
You guys are forgetting about Boise State?
Umm... Yeeahhh, no. They are not even close to a top 5 team. I hope they play an actual good team in their bowl game, but I'm sure they'll end up playing the ACC Champion or something like that.
Thats hilarious, lets just make up other random stats. I say receptions of less than 15 yards are worth one point and over are worth two, so the scores are really blah blah blah... it's all luck.He said he is comparing the one thing Michigan and USC have in common and that is ND as an opponent and the results of that game. You call it variance, I call it dominance, and if you watched Michigan absolutely turn ND's offense into a 1 dimensional turd then you would know what I was talking about. That same offense was moving the ball consistently by ground and air vs USC, they just weren't finish off drives. Sidenote: I'd say ND's win over GT was more impressive than PSU.
No kidding. Calling the article's comparison terrible then making up a completely ridiculous stat/comparison of his own. Michigan's win over ND was more impressive, theres really no question about it. We were on the road and the game was over before halftime. 2nd half was all cruise control. Let's not forget USC's garbage time onside kickoff return TD at the end also when looking at the points.

USC's non conference schedule was pretty difdficult and they proved to me that they deserve to fight for the title. It also doesn't hurt that I dislike Michigan. I think Michigan's close victory over Ball State didn't help their cause also.Watch out for Boise State. I might even pick them to beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Ian Johnson should be a heisman candidate and Zabransky has played some great football. I know they haven't played the greatest teams but just think about it.

USC's non conference schedule was pretty difdficult and they proved to me that they deserve to fight for the title. It also doesn't hurt that I dislike Michigan. I think Michigan's close victory over Ball State didn't help their cause also.
The difference between Michigan's close game against a weak opponent and USC's is that Michigan won theirs.We have two good comparisons between Michigan and USC.They each have one loss, Michigan's to the #1 team in the nation on the road by 3 points, and USC's on the road to an unranked opponent. Advantage Michigan.Then we have the apples to apples comparison of ND as an opponent, which Michigan clearly held an advantage in. Advantage Michigan.Arkansas having a good year helped out USC, but when they scheduled them they were hoping to play cupcake city and they did. Ask the Auburn fans if Arkansas was better at the end of the year or during the first game when USC played them. Nebraska... the Big 12 sucks and they aren't even the best team in it. The 3rd place team in the big 10 would win the big 12 this year. ND, see above.
The difference between Michigan's close game against a weak opponent and USC's is that Michigan won theirs.We have two good comparisons between Michigan and USC.They each have one loss, Michigan's to the #1 team in the nation on the road by 3 points, and USC's on the road to an unranked opponent. Advantage Michigan.Then we have the apples to apples comparison of ND as an opponent, which Michigan clearly held an advantage in. Advantage Michigan.Arkansas having a good year helped out USC, but when they scheduled them they were hoping to play cupcake city and they did. Ask the Auburn fans if Arkansas was better at the end of the year or during the first game when USC played them. Nebraska... the Big 12 sucks and they aren't even the best team in it. The 3rd place team in the big 10 would win the big 12 this year. ND, see above.
I know Oregon State isn't spectacular but they are 8-4 and are heading to the Sun Bowl. You can't say the same about Ball State. Also Michigan beat a crappy NW team by only 14 at home (yeah you could blame the weather) but that was closer than many people thought it would be. Michigan's lose was at the worst possible time and if they had lost to ND earlier in the year and beat OSU then we might be talking about them in the title game. This just give more reasons to have a playoff, even though I'm not totally sure I'm in favor of playing a bunch more games.Going back to Oregon State, you can't say they are "weak". They were 11-1 in 2000 and have made it to a bowl game every season since 1999, except in 2001 and 2005. Those years they were one win shy of being bowl-eligible.Why aren't we talking about Florida making the title game also? Their only loss was to Auburn and they played in the SEC and beat teams like LSU, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama.
They were 11-1 in 2000
What does 2000 have to do with 2006? There isn't a player from the 2000 roster on this years team is there?
have made it to a bowl game every season since 1999
This is funny because...
except in 2001 and 2005. Those years they were one win shy of being bowl-eligible.
So a couple of 5 win seasons... they are a powerhouse. How could they have ever been unranked? Hell, put them in against Ohio State!Want to tell me again how losing to them is comparable to losing on the road to Ohio State by a field goal?
Why aren't we talking about Florida making the title game also? Their only loss was to Auburn and they played in the SEC and beat teams like LSU, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama.
For a couple of reasons. Lets start with preseason rankings, USC was higher to begin with, so considering they both have one loss and other things are relative... USC stays higher. Is it fair, no way, what in college football is?Style points matter. USC is flashy, Florida wins have been ugly, they have not blown out anyone except division 2 schools. They have a lot of wins over good opponents, but nothing that stands out. USC's total domination of Arkansas who has ran through most of the SEC doesn't help their case. Beating Alabama and SC is expected for the top teams in the SEC this year, so what's Florida's case again? Guess they get to make a point at the SEC championship.

That NW game wasnt really close, Michigan dominated many of their games without scoring a lot of points or "blowing out" the opponent like they did vs ND. They just tended to grind out the game..and I think they were missing Manningham for that game also. Whatever, USC will get blown out vs OSU and we can all laugh at Silent Snow. :club: I'd still like to punch Crable in his mouth though...

Im thinking the OSU and usc game gonna be closer than im hoping it should be. They play a weak schedule but they have alot of talent. I am hoping that the game ends up OSU blowing them out tressle for some reason dont play that game and it scares the hell outta me everytime he does tressel ball. My prediction is OSU by 14.My prediction with whoever michigan plays. Michgan by a bunch. I feel michigan will blow whoever they play outta the water.

My prediction is OSU by 14.
We should just admit that the national title game was already played and OSU won by 3. I hate this 2 month break between games.
My prediction with whoever Michigan plays. Michigan by a bunch. I feel Michigan will blow whoever they play outta the water.
If LSU gets into the Rose vs Michigan I would expect a close game. Michigan's style doesn't lend itself to blowing out opponents and LSU has been playing their best football the last 5 weeks. I'd say Michigan by a TD.

Doubt Michigan would win in a rematch.Michigan had their chance, and thanks to the Bruins, they get their beloved rematch. God how I hate UCLA at the moment. Don't matter who plays in the BCS Championship game, Ohio State will destroy whoever the play, being Michigan or Florida.

Doubt Michigan would win in a rematch.Michigan had their chance, and thanks to the Bruins, they get their beloved rematch. God how I hate UCLA at the moment. Don't matter who plays in the BCS Championship game, Ohio State will destroy whoever the play, being Michigan or Florida.
Ohio state didn't destroy Michigan at home, what makes you think they would on a neutral field?
Impressive play by McFadden in the Ark-Fla game. Called a sneak play, and he threw on an "audible" that his line didn't even know about.I think Florida has a shot to get the title game, but they need to get past arkansas first...
I really doubt that Florida overtakes Michigan unless Florida absolutely blows out Ark.