How Bout Them Ducks?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody have a noose that i could hang myself with? st. louis. ****.
I will say this again....there is an MVP in ANaheim and his name is PRONGERthey are a much different team without him
does anybody have a noose that i could hang myself with? st. louis. ****.
I will say this again....there is an MVP in ANaheim and his name is PRONGERthey are a much different team without him

Yes and it's not just the point play on the PP, it's the 1st pass up the ice from the defensive zone, it's sliding an opposing player to the corner and not letting him have the middle on a breakout and it's his puck control in his own zone. Oh and Giguere is sorely missed obv. Bryzgalov may be the more athletic, pretty save, type goalie...however he lets in way too many goals akin to the Tkachuk 40 footer w/o traffic last night. He also tends to lose focus during those games in which the Ducks are healthy and playing well and limit the opposition to 20 shots or so and he only has to make 1 or 2 key saves during the game. Giguere pwns those games playing positionally sound the entire game. They also miss Beauchemin stepping up on the blueline looking to seperate a villain from the puck. The break can't come soon enough.

Yes and it's not just the point play on the PP, it's the 1st pass up the ice from the defensive zone, it's sliding an opposing player to the corner and not letting him have the middle on a breakout and it's his puck control in his own zone. Oh and Giguere is sorely missed obv. Bryzgalov may be the more athletic, pretty save, type goalie...however he lets in way too many goals akin to the Tkachuk 40 footer w/o traffic last night. He also tends to lose focus during those games in which the Ducks are healthy and playing well and limit the opposition to 20 shots or so and he only has to make 1 or 2 key saves during the game. Giguere pwns those games playing positionally sound the entire game. They also miss Beauchemin stepping up on the blueline looking to seperate a villain from the puck. The break can't come soon enough.
Any word on When Pronger is back??
the first time you wrote this i didn't give you much credit. but now i have to agree. without pronger the ducks are a run of the mill team....maybe less than that.

I don't think you should discredit the team that much. Yes Pronger is one of the most key pieces of the team. But they are definitely not run of the mill. So they are going through a bit of a downswing...big deal, it happens to everyone. Look how shitty Ottawa was doing. Suddenly they are seeming like the best team in the league again. Anaheim is still a very sound team without Pronger. They just need to make some adjustments. Pronger is not MVP of the league. Period. Anaheim is full of great players. They have an excellent goaltending duo, a very nice defensive core and a lot of power up front. The revitalized Selanne is just what they needed to push them over the top IMO.

Perhaps their MVP is Giguere.
I would agree. Given his career numbers I have always thought of him as underrated. He had some outstanding years for some shite teams.

The ducks are standing still these last few games, and the sharks are making a push. Were only 4 points behind now which should make for an interesting 2nd half of the season, and i just got me some tickets for the game on feb. 7 fuk ya.And i think it was CHEE-CHOO!