How Bout Them Ducks?

Roasted duck tonight baby! :club: And yes, I realize they had a lot of injuries. But to be fair, Datsyuk and Chelios were out too. Hasek played well!
And Kopecky too!...those injuries certainly equate to Giguere, Pronger, Beauchemin and Marchant.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Kopecky too!...those injuries certainly equate to Giguere, Pronger, Beauchemin and Marchant.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic (I think you are), but Beachemin and Marchant are nothing special. I admit, Pronger is a huge blow to them. But Bryzgalov is more than capable. I think Detroit is affected a lot by Datsyuk being out because of his ability to move the puck. Cheli is key on the PK too, and constantly saving Lilja's ***.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic (I think you are), but Beachemin and Marchant are nothing special. I admit, Pronger is a huge blow to them. But Bryzgalov is more than capable. I think Detroit is affected a lot by Datsyuk being out because of his ability to move the puck. Cheli is key on the PK too, and constantly saving Lilja's ***.
Beauchemin is a bigger lose than you're giving credit to. Sure he's not one of the two big named defensemen on the ducks, but he is generally paired with Niedermayer and plays on the second powerplay unit. The guy has contributed hugely to the ducks defensive end.Marchant is less important of a loss. But he plays a huge role on the first penalty kill unit. Seeing as how the ducks lead the league in penalty minutes, his loss is felt.You're right though, Bryz is more than capable. And against detroit, Hasek was simply the better goalie.Anyway, enough whining from me. Injuries happen, and right now the ducks are getting outplayed. With Bryz back in net, and Wall riding the bench, I expect the losing streak to end.ps. for you fantasy league owners, now would be a good time to pick up ilya bryzgalov.

Beauchy is the best hitter on the Ducks blueline AINEC.....Wall is back in Portland I believe with Caron as the backup now to Bryz until Giggy gets healthy (he did some light skating yesterday)

Good win tonight. Blind Melin with his first NHL goal. Surprisingly Huskins is playing real solid me thinks. Let us never speak of the unpleasantness from last Friday.

If there is one person that should be thankful of the NHL lockout it is Temmu. A friend of mine in the media was telling me that Selanne's knee was so bad he was going to retire but the lockout gave him the time to rest up.

If there is one person that should be thankful of the NHL lockout it is Temmu. A friend of mine in the media was telling me that Selanne's knee was so bad he was going to retire but the lockout gave him the time to rest up.
True. The Duck's commentators are constantly retelling that story everytime Temmu comes up big. He spent the whole lockout season rehibilitating his knee. This is how the ducks acquired him, because he was such a question mark at the time and Burke took the risk.