How Bout Them Ducks?

After watching Atlanta manhandle the Leafs..Dont count out the Thrashers...They have a very good team led by two superstars in Kovalchuk and Hossa...As a hockey fan it was a joy to see them play live...Buffalo vs Atlanta Semifinal would be awesome
Maybe you should have waited until *after* they played the Bolts last night to post this...eh?Getting shutout 8-0 by one of the most disappointing teams in hockey really speaks well for the Thrashers title hopes.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should have waited until *after* they played the Bolts last night to post this...eh?Getting shutout 8-0 by one of the most disappointing teams in hockey really speaks well for the Thrashers title hopes.
Yeah that was pretty bad..However I still think Atlanta is in the upper class of the NHL
Yeah that was pretty bad..However I still think Atlanta is in the upper class of the NHL
Atlanta doesn't have the defense to win 16 games in the playoffs.
After watching Atlanta manhandle the Leafs..Dont count out the Thrashers...They have a very good team led by two superstars in Kovalchuk and Hossa...As a hockey fan it was a joy to see them play live...Buffalo vs Atlanta Semifinal would be awesome
does everything you touch turn to complete crap? don't cheer for my flames, mkay?
does everything you touch turn to complete crap? don't cheer for my flames, mkay?
go flames go..I hate the flames..I have two flames on my AHL team and I hate it..its like watching paint dry...

woooo hoooo!!!!! Duckies! How bout that kunitz selanne mcdonald goal tonight. take that kolzig, "maybe best goalie in league" according to washington coach. 6 - 1 in your face!I stand by my original prediction. 68 - 6 - 8. Haha. Sarcasm (back of flamers).But i do think the ducks are incredible, and im sure because im a ducks fan that is exaggerated to some extent, but seriously, they're pretty f-ing good this year.I mean, swept San Jose, broke Minnesota's opening undefeated streak, beat Oilers at home with entire fan base booing pronger as loud as they could, swept Nashville (but no voukon and other key players), shut down Ovechkin....i dunno. I've watched a lot of crappy seasons of duck hockey and it feels good. I'm sorry to rub it in your faces, i'm not trying to piss anyone off. It's just that here in Anaheim, hardly anyone cares about hockey so I have no one to really share my enthusiasm with. Stupid southern californians, too many professional sports teams in such a small area.Anyway, too bad it's extremely unlikely they'll play Buffalo this year, that would be a great game. I'm praying for that Stanely cup match up, but the playoffs and the regular season never have anything in common. So that's a pipedream.-ducks fan :club:

Stupid southern californians, too many professional sports teams in such a small area.
The problem is we got too many idiots that only watch baseball and or basketball. Although when you find a hockey fan they are hardcore towards their team. There is also one thing that the Kings and Ducks don't have that would boost attendence which the Lakers, Dodgers, and Angels all have and that is championships. Angel games were hardly attendend unless they were winning. I think over time both teams can thrive. But both teams have to not suck. It always seems that if one team is doing well the other Sucks ***. I think starting with the Ducks first playoff birth it went like thisDucks 97Kings 98Ducks 99Kings 00Kings 01Kings 02Ducks 03Never have both teams put it together and both make the playoffs. That is what they need to do.
Never have both teams put it together and both make the playoffs. That is what they need to do.
I 100% agree. Maybe Gretzky will get tired of coaching and resign to LA. Then the media will have a great story to tell to sheep sports fans.Aside from that, I have always wanted a cross town seven-game series in the playoffs. But you're right, it never seems to happen. Maybe the kings can kick it in to gear this year. They've got a good team. Frolov is killing it. In fact, they're the only team I've seen all season that has been able to throw the ducks off their game. Anyway, thats my 2 cents.
I 100% agree. Maybe Gretzky will get tired of coaching and resign to LA. Then the media will have a great story to tell to sheep sports fans.Aside from that, I have always wanted a cross town seven-game series in the playoffs. But you're right, it never seems to happen. Maybe the kings can kick it in to gear this year. They've got a good team. Frolov is killing it. In fact, they're the only team I've seen all season that has been able to throw the ducks off their game. Anyway, thats my 2 cents.
Thats what I have thought is so odd. Every time the Kings and Ducks have played even though the Ducks have a 3-1 record the Kings at points have out played Anaheim more than the Ducks out playing the Kings but I thought for the most part if the Kings goaltending was as solid as Giguere the Kings should have gotten a win.The Kings have zero goaltending right now with Cloutier in net and Garon hurt and because of the Re-entry Waivers cannot call up Labarbara.Bottom line is like you said both teams need to win for hockey to be sucessful. I think we'll have a better chance 2-3 years down the Line as imagine when players like Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Penner, Kopitar, Jack Johnson, and a lot of the younger players like Cammalleri, Frolov, McDonald, Kunitz all start to be in their prime. It will be one hell of a series then.

wow what a game, very nice to see the sharks tie up the season series. could have gone either way of course. chris kunitz got a little unlucky, grier probably wouldnt have scored even without getting his leg tripped by kunitz' foot.the best part? they meet again in ten days and five more games after that.

wow what a game, very nice to see the sharks tie up the season series. could have gone either way of course. chris kunitz got a little unlucky, grier probably wouldnt have scored even without getting his leg tripped by kunitz' foot.the best part? they meet again in ten days and five more games after that.
dammit, i missed the whole thing because i was on a plane. looked like a good game. although, seeing as how my duckies lost, i guess i don't feel too bad about missing it.series tied 1-1good job sharks.

That was a scary game considering what happened last time they played. Its a good thing they won because being down 2 games in this kind of series is bad news, especially since this is a playoff series matchup. Nice to have Cheechoo back and Thornton is the man. He always looks so calm with the puck.

Yawn...Dux win again....but how can a good skating team like the Ducks keep winning on a rink where the ice is consistently criticized by Flames announcers for being so poor?Ahhhhh....I know why....List of things for Canadian announcers to review/criticize when a "traditional market" team is losing:1. boring style of play2. bad ice3. poor attendanceFlames have the boring style of play so they moved on to item #2

Yawn...Dux win again....but how can a good skating team like the Ducks keep winning on a rink where the ice is consistently criticized by Flames announcers for being so poor?Ahhhhh....I know why....List of things for Canadian announcers to review/criticize when a "traditional market" home team is losing:1. boring style of play2. bad ice3. poor attendance
fyp

It's funny, my seat in the press box is right in front of the radio announcers for both home and away. You'd be surprised at what a different game it is seen through the eyes of two sets of broadcasters... "Sundin takes the pass, into the Ranger's zone, swings wide, OH, hooked by Ward, NO CALL, around the net, centres it, TUCKER A DRIVE, goes off Lundquist and the Rangers are forced to ice the puck to relieve the pressure""Sundin, gathers up the loose puck, into the Rangers zone, forced wide by the defense, Ward denies him any space, no where to go, behind the net, throws it blindly into the middle, Tucker flails at at, LUNDQUIST a great glove save on the blind one timer by Tucker, and the Rangers defense smartly dumps the puck down the ice, OH, icing should have been waved off on that one, face off will come back into the NY zone, but once again the Leafs are denied by the Rangers".

Meh. I don't hear it when TB is losing or Atlanta for instance...me thinks it's still a "traditional market" thing.
Because YOU don't hear it doesn't mean it's not true. How many Tampa Bay games or Atlanta games have you watched? You noticed it because it was AGAINST your Ducks.It's NOT a "traditional market" thing it's a HOME TEAM thing.
It's funny, my seat in the press box is right in front of the radio announcers for both home and away. You'd be surprised at what a different game it is seen through the eyes of two sets of broadcasters... "Sundin takes the pass, into the Ranger's zone, swings wide, OH, hooked by Ward, NO CALL, around the net, centres it, TUCKER A DRIVE, goes off Lundquist and the Rangers are forced to ice the puck to relieve the pressure""Sundin, gathers up the loose puck, into the Rangers zone, forced wide by the defense, Ward denies him any space, no where to go, behind the net, throws it blindly into the middle, Tucker flails at at, LUNDQUIST a great glove save on the blind one timer by Tucker, and the Rangers defense smartly dumps the puck down the ice, OH, icing should have been waved off on that one, face off will come back into the NY zone, but once again the Leafs are denied by the Rangers".
LMAO...exactly.And I'm trying to think of one team that is "worse" than others, but they're all guilty of it. I even notice it watching the Montreal games and that says a lot because I'm a Montreal fan.Joe Bowen makes me vomit!

I watched the Columbus - Detroit game on Versus last night (still lamenting my stupidity for not ordering Centre Ice) and I swear, whoever the announcer was is completely incapable of saying the word "shot". A DRIVE!!!LIDSTROM A DRIVE!!!FEDOROV A DRIVE...HE SCORES!!! I wanted to slap him.

Because YOU don't hear it doesn't mean it's not true. How many Tampa Bay games or Atlanta games have you watched? You noticed it because it was AGAINST your Ducks.It's NOT a "traditional market" thing it's a HOME TEAM thing.
Ummmm.....like 8-10 this year combined....Centre Ice is wonderful....contemporize.