Thus Saith The Lord

Why do you spend so much time on a religious forum? I am not saying that you shouldn't post, In fact I am glad you do because you bring an interesting perspective. ( and as far as I know, you don't deliberately try and hijack someones post) I am just curious why someone who doesn't believe in God would bother spending time and energy posting in these forums.

Why the hell do you and Crow even bother posting? Who gives a fck what you think? Are you doing some good by being elitist and condescending at the same time? Why don't you post on some strat or something? This wasn't a post by the OP to bring it up for discussion; he was sharing a story. If you think it's gibberish, go play with yourself instead of wasting your time posting. Do you go down to the newspaper office and screw with every reporter that writes a story you don't believe or like?It wasn't His time, it was the waiter's time. They make tips and stuff during their time. Get a life.
It was apparently upon his prompting that this whole affair took place. You really should learn how to engage with a comment before replying. There are so many problems, atrocities, people staving etc, that this tale seems more like a bad trip than a direction from God. Maybe he was having a slow day after curing the rest of the world of its ill's?
Countless times in the Bible the Lord asks one his servants to do things that require some sort of sacrifice. Like when he asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. Or when he asked some of the disciples to pick up and leave their family business. Or when he asked the rich young ruler to sell everything and follow him.
Please tell me that you dont believe the nonsense spouted in the bible really happened?
Why do you spend so much time on a religious forum? I am not saying that you shouldn't post, In fact I am glad you do because you bring an interesting perspective. ( and as far as I know, you don't deliberately try and hijack someones post) I am just curious why someone who doesn't believe in God would bother spending time and energy posting in these forums.
I assume you're talking to me - I actually don't spend that much time here, usually I just show my face when people are talking about the Theory of Evolution or the origins of the universe. But I am interested in religion, and enjoy discussing and debating it.
If believers in leprechans were trying to get their belief enacted as law, or at least trying to block the law from move forward on personal freedom, and were doing so based on their faulty beliefs... then yes... I'd be on message boards pointing out flaws in their beliefs.Religion fired first. Don't blame us for firing back.
What, you can't kill babies anymore? Poor fella. The difference between you and I is this- I don't like to be told what to do, and have reasons behind why I don't like different ideas and laws that cross my way of thinking. You, don't like to be told what to do based an that fact that you believe that no one should tell you what to do. That's the whole line of thought behind your thought process- that of a 3 year old, and it's so common it's incredible. I can draw that from that one statement "Religon fired the first shot."
Please tell me that you dont believe the nonsense spouted in the bible really happened?
If you can offer some sort of proof it didn't I will glady never talk about it again. What's that, you can't? Well, alright then, Good luck. CrowTroots response I can deal with now- Crow, there is no burden of proof on me because I don't HAVE to make you believe. It's not a requirement. When you say " No " I say, " Cool, have good day", and then go on my way. I just have to tell you about Jesus, I don't have to convince you, thank God.
Christianity rots this country from the inside out. If you list the rest of the world based on belief in evolution, we have the smallest percentage that believe except for Turkey. One country is denser than ours. One. And it is Turkey. Oh....and we are also the highest on people that believe the world orbits the sun.
None of that said how Chritianity is rotting the country. How is the rotting occuring, that's what you should be getting to. The rest is pure babble, just numbers showing no ill effect.
I assume you're talking to me - I actually don't spend that much time here, usually I just show my face when people are talking about the Theory of Evolution or the origins of the universe. But I am interested in religion, and enjoy discussing and debating it.
I don't think he was talking to you, and if he was you don't deserve it. I think it was WrongWay he was accuseing.