Range For A Push?

Situation: Hero is second shortest stack. He got to the final table playing TAG, and didn't need to win a coinflip (although he did win a couple when he had a larger stack) or suck out to get there. Nyarnee. AA has not held up once for anyone in this tournament. It's a fact. Hero's chipstack dropped from 36000 to 13000 because of one 3-outer beat (to 18000) and one ill-timed bluff.9 players left, the payouts start to increase with each position at the FT. 9th pays $12ish, which is very unexciting. Villain is the CL, and plays pretty tight. I haven't seen him bluff at all while positions 18-10 were dropping out. The final two tables have been playing pretty tight, with min-raises usually good enough to win the blinds, unless someone actually has a hand.blinds 600/1200 ante 75SB (Villain) 60000BB (Hero) 13000other stacks range from 14000-30000, with most players at about 22000.Preflop: 7 folds, SB raises to 3000, hero ???What range should I be pushing here? I probably have 0% FE. At the time, I was thinking I should push A7+, 22+, KT+, QJ. Now I'm wondering if the general table nittiness should tighten that range to AT+, 22+. I can steal blinds later on, even with the short stack.

With the fact that you said he has been playing some what tight and not making many steal attempts I think you only push big hands in this spot. You still have over 10x the big blind if you fold, so your not that bad off that you need to just start pushing. I think any hand you push when not somewhat short would be a no brainer push here. On the other hand though, you gotta gamble at some point if you want to win. This is a good spot to just pick a hand and roll the dice, if you double your above the table average and don't have to worry about the blinds as much. If you take this route I think pushing any pair or suited connectors 10-9 and lower. Anything higher then this, if he does happen to have a hand, your dominated so easily by any decient hand he's raising with. I in my opinion I like pushing big hands here and just calling with weaker ones. Your getting a little better than 3-1 pot odds here, so suited connectors and small pairs are worth trying to hit a flop. Unless hes got a big pair your 3-2 with a suited connector and coin flip with the small pair. If you don't flop anything its an easy fold to a bet. Then just wait for spots to steal at a tight table.