full tilt or pokerstars

I like PS better because there is always a Stud h/l game going in the lower limits. Full Tilt rarely has ANY stud H/l games but they do have Razz. Full Tilt has lots of Pros playing, but unless if you have lots of $, you probably won't be at the same table. Sometimes I see them at smaller limits, but not usually. Also... the FCPers tend to play more games on PS... trust me, I know. I keep giving all of my $ to them! :D

I'll agree with everyone that Full Tilt has an unusually high caliber of players for an online poker site. (Though Poker Stars isn't known for easy money, either.) But I'm really addicted to FT: It's fun to watch the pros play, for one, and they're more accessible at the lower limits that you might imagine. Just today, Allen Cunningham won a MTT $5 Razz tourney, and the other night, I sat in with Erik Seidel in a $5 Stud SNG. Even as an observer, it can be instructive to see how the pros play at the higher levels and they're courteous to railbirds (almost to a fault, really.)Other pluses: The software is solid (that chirping sound when come in for a raise is weirdly appealing), they have Razz and (for now, private only) H.O.R.S.E. tourney, and, given that FT is relatively new on the scene, I imagine they'll get more players over time. I wouldn't be surprised if it became one of the four or five major online sites within a year or two.

I've played a lot at both sites. For ring games I'd go to Pokerstars. For tourney style play I'd check out FT. The multi-tables at Full Tilt are pretty good, but they used to be softer when the site first opened.If you're only depositing $50, I'd go with PS because the micros there are great. I really enjoy playing the lower limits on Stars. I used it as my 'centering' site for a while. I started with $50, and I built it up to $100 before I cashed it out. Whenever I felt my game was off I'd go sit on a cheap table.Their .01/.02 NL games are just asking to be destroyed. I made out very well on them, and I really dislike NL ring play.I'd go with Pokerstars. You can get a decent $3 or under MTT every day if you're into that, and the SNGs there are good. Their lower stakes tourneys aren't quite as good as Full Tilt, but the ring games more than make up for it.

I actually prefer the MTT's at FullTilt, not as many or as wide a variety but the fields are smaller, and yes, I think the competition might be tougher but the upside to that is you don't seem to get rivered as often and with position it's easier to pick up the blinds with a crap hand in the ring games.

Seidel plays a lot of low limit stud and omaha Sit-N-Go's (at least I think he does, as I have played him numerous times). That guy is tighter than tight. I thought I was a tight Omaha Hi/Lo player, until I ran across him every hand I played, and got thoroughly trashed each and every time (mind you there was some luck involved as I had the better starting hand about half the times we clashed, the other times were very close).If you want to get your ass handed to you on a platter by Seidel, play at FTP. If you want to watch some high limit poker, play FTP. If you want to win any money, play Pokerstars.

I'll agree with everyone that Full Tilt has an unusually high caliber of players for an online poker site. (Though Poker Stars isn't known for easy money, either.) But I'm really addicted to FT: It's fun to watch the pros play, for one, and they're more accessible at the lower limits that you might imagine. Just today, Allen Cunningham won a MTT $5 Razz tourney, and the other night, I sat in with Erik Seidel in a $5 Stud SNG. Even as an observer, it can be instructive to see how the pros play at the higher levels and they're courteous to railbirds (almost to a fault, really.)Other pluses: The software is solid (that chirping sound when come in for a raise is weirdly appealing), they have Razz and (for now, private only) H.O.R.S.E. tourney, and, given that FT is relatively new on the scene, I imagine they'll get more players over time. I wouldn't be surprised if it became one of the four or five major online sites within a year or two.
I don't play on that site but how do you know they are the actual pros, unless they work for the site I wouldn't think they would use their real names.

you can only assume they are the actual pro's...but...did I not read somewhere in the recent past that UB got caught having someone play as Phill Hellmuth when he was doing some book signing thingy? dammitall, I knew that Seidel didn't whip my ass, it was probably just some snot-nosed geek that hacked into the system

you can only assume they are the actual pro's...but...did I not read somewhere in the recent past that UB got caught having someone play as Phill Hellmuth when he was doing some book signing thingy?  dammitall, I knew that Seidel didn't whip my ass, it was probably just some snot-nosed geek that hacked into the system
Well it would make sense that seidel wouldn't be wasting his time playing such a small limit unless he was being paid by the site to do so. Assuming that because someone has a poker id called phil ivey, they are actually phil ivey is a tad silly don't ya think?

I was kidding about Sediel. He really did whip my ass, a couple of times. :!: The site advertizes the pro's as playing at their site. On FTP, the pro's have a special avatar (as opposed to the regular joe's who get monkeys like me). Highly unlikely on FTP that these special avatars are being played by joe blows. :wink:

Regarding Full Tilt & ProsThe pros have avatars that are caricatures of themselves - clearly they are srtistic renditions of the pros themselves.....The site locks their postiion at their designated room and the room appears in red alerting you a pro is indeed playing....Full Tilt clearly represents them as pros....So, if for some reason it is not - they would certainly be in voilation of some sort fraudulent behavior and highly doubt they would do such a thing....The setup with the Pros at full tilt is very good and special....The software is the fastest & the best of ANY online site, IMO......But overall, I prefer Pokerstars......There was just something funny going on at Full Tilt - I really question their random number generator.....

Regarding Full Tilt & ProsThe pros have avatars that are caricatures of themselves - clearly they are srtistic renditions of the pros themselves.....The site locks their postiion at their designated room and the room appears in red alerting you a pro is indeed playing....Full Tilt clearly represents them as pros....So, if for some reason it is not - they would certainly be in voilation of some sort fraudulent behavior and highly doubt they would do such a thing....The setup with the Pros at full tilt is very good and special....The software is the fastest & the best of ANY online site, IMO......But overall, I prefer Pokerstars......There was just something funny going on at Full Tilt - I really question their random number generator.....
I agree totally with the lack of a random shuffle on that site. I did not fair very well at all, so I got out while I still could.