What do you think?Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with [Qs], [As]. 2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.Flop: (13.50 SB) [8h], [Ac], [Qd] (3 players)MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls.Turn: (12.75 BB) [5h] (3 players)MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls.River: (15.75 BB) [8d] (3 players)MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls.Final Pot: 18.75 BB

I wouldn't 3-bet it pre-flop. capping pre-flop and then check raising the flop makes it seem like he's got As or Qs, and tripped on the flop. However, you having an A and a Q, he'd have to have the exact other two. So, may be more likely he has AK. But while it not probable he has trip Aces or Queens, it is possible. I might go into call mode after he 3-bets the flop. That and I wouldn't 3-bet pre-flop. Other than that, great.

You will never make money at limit holdem if you eternally fear a set. You are giving him too much credit. It is possible that he has qq or aa here, but considering you hold 1 ace and 1 queen it is less likely than it would usually be. It is far more likely that he holds AK and is trying to push people out of the pot so they don't outdraw him. Maybe you lost this one, but even if you did that is no excuse for playing this hand scared. You should have raised the turn for sure. If he three bet then I might have slowed down, but probably I would have capped it.

The three-bet with AQs isn't bad. It would help to know what kind of table this had been. You do have to be wary of a MP1 raiser, especially if he is tight/aggressive.The turn and river are difficult to determine without a little bit of information about this player. From a LAG, I am capping all streets.From a tight/aggressive player, I am still raise/calling the turn assuming this is AK trying to push you off your hand.

I think absolute is right.Unless you think he has AA or QQ or 88 (hell no -cap preflop, even a LAG's not THAT crazy)I think you have to at least raise on the turn, to get more information.It's still tough to tell if he's got AK, another AQ, or what have you.

I have no problems on how you played this hand. Reads are real important here, because without them there isn't much I can say for how you'd play the turn and river. I don't mind the threebet PF, just don't do it with AQo. Its just as likely that he could have AK here as he would have AA or QQ. Start giving reads and then we can really break downt his hand. other than that looks like you plyaed it just fine

MP1 seemed like a solid player, who was on a rush of absolutely awesome cards. Had AA, QQ, AKs, AQs, in the last 25 or 30 hands. MP1 capped both the AA and AK previously. My read on MP1 was AA or QQ but I wouldn't put it past him to run with AK. MP3 was a calling station and I wasn't much worried about him. MP1 had QQ for the FH and the win. Thanks for the feedback.

wrto whats your thoughts on folding AQo to two bets cold from tight/aggressive players?I've been reading Holdem for Advanced Players for the first time, and I'm up in the air on this issue.
There are no thoughts. I muck it.If he is raising say AJ, and the flop comes K83...he's going to pick up the pot because hes the aggressor. The times he is raising AK and you both get an ace, you pay him off. Basically, it puts you in a hard place. Now, depending on position, we have a whole different discussion. A TAG player will open raise from MP3 and the CO with lots of hands.
I don't mind the threebet PF, just don't do it with AQo.
Why 3-bet only if it's suited? that's like saying you should raise with A-x suited. if you can put your opponent on a bigger Ace, AK, then 3-betting with AQ, suited or not, isn't a good play, IMO. But if you're going to 3-bet with it, I don't think it matters if it's suited or not.
Why 3-bet only if it's suited? that's like saying you should raise with A-x suited. if you can put your opponent on a bigger Ace, AK, then 3-betting with AQ, suited or not, isn't a good play, IMO. But if you're going to 3-bet with it, I don't think it matters if it's suited or not.
AQ is the devil. I aggree that 3-betting is bad in 96.454545% of all cases.
Look I'm not too crazy about the play now that we have reads. You should also note that I did say that the bettor could very well have AA or QQ. Given that the PF raiser is solid, there is a strong case for even mucking the hand PF. The suitedness of a hand does matter in that you can have nutflush outs along with having broadway outs. I think North Pacific has gotten into the smash mode of threebetting PF with AQ, which given the reads of the players involved is a mistake. I said that there wasn't too much I could say without reads, oh well cest la vie
The suitedness of a hand does matter in that you can have nutflush outs along with having broadway outs.
I think it being suited might give you cause to call with it, but not 3-bet with it. I realize it's AQ suited, but if you think he might have AK, it'd be the same as raising with A2, just because its suited. you have straight possibilities with A2, and a pair of twos holds up just as well as a pair of queens when they're against a pair of Kings, if you both happen to hit 2-pair.