I Think I Got Hosed

So last night i decided to take a jump for once and play some 5/10 NL. I've never played this high, highest was 3/6.Its 4 way (which was my 1st mistake)anyways a few hands go by, and I notice these 2 players are playing almost everyhand, and some very questionable looking showdowns. But then again, its 5/10 NL and I'm a newb.about 20 mins in, a hand comes up 3 way, I'm the only 1 not playing. 1 guy named player247, another guy named 247promac, and then some random guy.player247 is up to act and 247promac types 75 into the chat box, then honestly 1 second later player247 bets 75.so now i'm thinking, ok their names were similar but thats odd. I scroll across their names and they have the exact same location.I was on with support right away, and now i'm waiting to find out, but has anyone experienced collusion before?I mean, they played pots together so it didnt look like straight up collusion but could he be stupid enough to put the same city, similar name etc...I feel dirty and abused now

I have seen collusion before when I notice people who have exhibited some odd behavior previously (strangely developing hands) take a long time to act initially during the duration when their colluder is also in the hand...usually my chat box response is "type to him faster". Most of the collusion I've seen comes in the form of STT's where blatent chip dumping will occur usually in the form of redonkulous post-oak looking river action where it will be big bet/call all the way down..small bet/ auto fold on the river

I have seen collusion before when I notice people who have exhibited some odd behavior previously (strangely developing hands) take a long time to act initially during the duration when their colluder is also in the hand...usually my chat box response is "type to him faster". Most of the collusion I've seen comes in the form of STT's where blatent chip dumping will occur usually in the form of redonkulous post-oak looking river action where it will be big bet/call all the way down..small bet/ auto fold on the river
Ya, and these guys played a couple pots together, without anyone else in.. so i wonder, is the rake peanuts for him (them) if he's goin to end the night up hundreds or even thousands at that level
That does seem kinda weird. Not sure if the 75 meant his hand or to bet 75. He coulda goofed and typed it into the chat box instead of to his buddy on msn or something. Sounds like something fishy to me
or he's the same guy. The site i play at can allow logins from different account with same IP.My roomate is a horrible crappy player, but i've sat at 10 cent tables with him and we share the same IP.
wow if those guys really were colluding they totally suck @ being discrete
My cash games made up for the horrible showing in the sunday million yesterday, I honestly never once flopped anything more than middle pair.
That does seem kinda weird. Not sure if the 75 meant his hand or to bet 75. He coulda goofed and typed it into the chat box instead of to his buddy on msn or something. Sounds like something fishy to me
I love your new avatar!

support emailed back and said they have sent my info and screen shots to the correct people / department.. so we'll see soon.i just did thhe math and on 1 hand the pot was 600., he payed 3 dollars in rake, so its very very reasonable for him to play both accounts vs each other from time to time if it will eliminate suspicion

support emailed back and said they have sent my info and screen shots to the correct people / department.. so we'll see soon.i just did thhe math and on 1 hand the pot was 600., he payed 3 dollars in rake, so its very very reasonable for him to play both accounts vs each other from time to time if it will eliminate suspicion
Or if he can use it in such a way so as to pick up a pot with dead money. ie) Non colluding guy raises pot in position, colluding id 1 re-raises, colluding id 2 re-raises min...non colluding guy folds, etc.
Or if he can use it in such a way so as to pick up a pot with dead money. ie) Non colluding guy raises pot in position, colluding id 1 re-raises, colluding id 2 re-raises min...non colluding guy folds, etc.
Sounds like you know what you're talking about... :club: just kiddin
Obvious collusion, the second i went into the room and noticed two such similar names I would have said, "wow, nice collusion." before even seeing a hand.
ya, and i thought that, but i mean.. u cant just judge by a name. but it did set off bells thats for sure
ya, and i thought that, but i mean.. u cant just judge by a name. but it did set off bells thats for sure
Don't be so naive royal, it's not your style. With how many people use the internet, for two people have to the same numerical sequence of numbers has worse odds then flopping a royal flush.
Sounds like you know what you're talking about... :club: just kiddin
I see it a lot on FTP...I've reported the obvious ones a few times and received my buy in back a few times. One time 4 handed in a SNG these 2 guys who had exhibited the same characteristics of chip dumping earlier to keep them both healthy were doing a similar thing 4 handed...button raise, sb min raise me in the BB...they did this back to back orbits before I just started pushing with any 2 regardless of stack size and holdings...eventually I picked up a big hand, busted one of the team and from there it was pie.
Don't be so naive royal, it's not your style. With how many people use the internet, for two people have to the same numerical sequence of numbers has worse odds then flopping a royal flush.
you're right, i just looked at it as 24/7 meaning every hour of everyday etc..plus i was focused on the idea that i'm sitting 2 levels above. but all signs point to yes, so if support comes back and says stuff like, we'll the accounts are similar but different names and different account info i'm gonna be piissed, for all i know this guy might not even give a rats assss about the 1 account, it might be a dummy account that he dumps too from time to time, while 1 account is his cash out account.cuz by the time my night ended, 1 of the guys, 247promac busted the rest of his chips to player247,(about 400.00) who was then sitting with 4k, 4 handed after i logged off. then player 247promac doesnt buy back in, leaves, and player247 continues on . (i assume its cuz he's just won 3k, and doesnt need the 2nd account)

Yeah thats strange. Sometimes i will transfer my friends 5-10$ on stars so they can play some poker. Then i will play a s and g with my buddy but we dont collude in anyway. We both have the same city on our screename. Could i be considwered colluding with him because of the city name? We simply do it for bragging rights to see if we can beat on another since he has transfered to college in AZ.

Yeah thats strange. Sometimes i will transfer my friends 5-10$ on stars so they can play some poker. Then i will play a s and g with my buddy but we dont collude in anyway. We both have the same city on our screename. Could i be considwered colluding with him because of the city name? We simply do it for bragging rights to see if we can beat on another since he has transfered to college in AZ.
No, friends will play MTTs and SnG's together all the time.You cant stop that, nothing is wrong with it.but soft play, and colluding should and wont be tolerated if people complain, and its looked into.If you ever see people type a hand into chat, or somethng that looks "bad", u should report it.**Update, support is well aware now, and all the info is with operations/fraud , they also said i will be refunded if these players were colluding.which wasnt much, since i didnt play many hands, but its the principle.

Im sure there are ways around for the intelligent (IP Spoofers etc), but two accounts with the same IP address can't sit together at a ring game. Either if they are on two different sites. It yells at you and won't let you sit.

That's what I was thinking.Have you heard back from support Royal ?
Im sure there are ways around for the intelligent (IP Spoofers etc), but two accounts with the same IP address can't sit together at a ring game. Either if they are on two different sites. It yells at you and won't let you sit.
correctOn many mnay sites you Can't, On this site, you can. I'm not sure how many other sites are like that, but i know for a fact.like i said before, my roomate sucks at poker and bugs me to play him once in a while, or at least sit at his table. so we can on action gaming network.
My roomate is a horrible crappy player, but i've sat at 10 cent tables with him and we share the same IP.
i think i remember a post from you a few months back where you got drunk and messed around with your roomate...same guy?
i think i remember a post from you a few months back where you got drunk and messed around with your roomate...same guy?
just to clear something up quickly.Royal is a guy and wanted to mess around with his FEMALE roomate.He plays poker with his MALE roomate.And YES I do want to be in Royal's fan club :club:
just to clear something up quickly.Royal is a guy and wanted to mess around with his FEMALE roomate.He plays poker with his MALE roomate.And YES I do want to be in Royal's fan club :club:
thanks for the clarification. i'm sure he'll send you a buck out of his heterosexuality defense fund.