Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG+1 ($169.40)UTG+2 ($85.58)MP1 ($86.61)MP2 ($252.97)Hero ($196.68)CO ($45.98)Button ($71.55)SB ($91.70)BB ($39.21)UTG ($86.19)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q :club: , Q :) . SB posts a blind of $0.50. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, UTG+2 calls $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, Button calls $5, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $4, UTG+2 folds.Flop: ($17.50) 2 :D , A :D , 2 :)(3 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $9, Button calls $9, UTG+1 folds.Turn: ($35.50) 5 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $15, Hero folds.Final Pot: $50.50Villain is 22/6/4.5 through 51 hands, haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

I think you played this fine. With given read it's good fold. He might make good semibluff with flush draw but many times there is AK, AQ, AJ against you.If he's bluffing you will bust him later.

I have had a bunch of hands similar to this come up lately. The way I have started to play them is a large bet on the flop between 3/4 pot and pot sized bet. Best way to get weak aces or flush/straight draws to fold. If I get called I usually just check it down unimproved and fold to a big turn or river bet.So the only change I would make is a flop bet of $15 instead of $9.

Ya looks standard.in cash games i like to switch this shizz up at times to see what works and when.as 1st to act there i like the lead out, but at times i've also checked, waiting to see what he does.

What everyone else said.Even if this guy's aggro and you think he might be making this move w/o an A quite often, any spade or K falling on the river would scare you off as well. Sometimes it just don't go yer way.

Alright, Mr. SmartyPants. :)How do you play this OOP with two callers to the pre-flop raise with the Ace out?
Depends on table texture, stack sizes, my table image, how passive the people behind me are. Certainly not check/folding every time the ace hits..heh.
Depends on table texture, stack sizes, my table image, how passive the people behind me are. Certainly not check/folding every time the ace hits..heh.
I didn't say check/fold every time. I said I'd "probably" check/fold. All the items you bring up are important and could significantly alter how I'd play it as well. I think this specific hand and flop are important as well. If I had 10's or J's on a Q22 board, things would be entirely different. But there are sooo many people that will call with any Ace, that I think you really need to be cautious on this board with an underpair and more than one caller OOP.