Vegas Trip Report

Well, I just got back from vegas about 10 hours ago. For those of you that don't know. I was there to play a $1500 nl event that was scheduled for this past Saturday. I arrived late thursday night so that I could pick up my $1500 dollar in chips from Fulltilt as I had qualified through them. Fulltilt was great. Even though I'm not a VIP, they treated me like one. They gave me a bunch of free gear that included tshirts, hats, cards, caps, card protector, hooded sweat shirt etc. They even let me pick out stuff for my friend that was with me and not even playing. The next day, they even let me pick out stuff for my friends that weren't even in Vegas. I also got to go into the VIP Lounge, where I met Chris Ferguson and Mike Matasow. They were really nice guys and I took pictures with them. Mike was going off about some guy that made a donkey play on him and Chris was just patiently listening. It was cool just to be there. I signed up on Friday and then played some cash games to warm up. I really felt like my A game was on. I sat down on Saturday morning ready to play. Some of the pros that I saw in the tournament were Doyle Brunson, Mike Matusow, Jennifer Tilly (ok, not a pro but still famous and has a bracelet), John Juanda, Clonie Gowen, John Juanda and Mike Caro. I took a picture with Brunson and Caro because they got there before the cards were dealt. I didn't want to bother the other people once the tournament had started. During first round action, I increased my chip stack to 1700. During second round action, I picked up 22 in 3rd position and called 2 early position raisers that bet out 50 each. Five people saw the flop and it came down J 6 2 with 2 spades. Utg fires out 125, 2nd position calls, I pop it up to 400 and then the button thinks for a long time and pushes all in! I call and he shows A 7 of spades for the nut flush draw. Of course, a spade hits on the turn and he basically crippled me. My M was now less than 2 and I got busted out shortly after that when I pushed with A 7 off and got called by QK off. A king on the flop ended my tournment. Of course with my luck that day, it was bound to happen. I was really on tilt for the whole day after that. After I sat down at that table and watch how the other nine people play, I really felt like that I was sitting with nine donkeys. Their play was horrendous. Examples include:1. Blinds at 25 25, stack size is 1500, one guy would always raise to 250 preflop. He did this way too much during the first round that I doubt he was doing it to protect AA or KK.2. Donkey 1 in late position with KK has only 700 in chips with blinds of 25 25, raises to 500, leaving only 200 behind? He obviously should have just pushed if he was going to do that. Donkey 2 calls with QK of hearts. Spikes the flush draw on the flop and puts Donkey 1 all in. Donkey 2 then saids, I wouldn't have called preflop if you had pushed all in. Yah, like he was really getting the implied odds to call 500. 3. 2 other donkeys got knocked out early because they were seeing every flop and calling on every street with no legit draw or hand and tripled up another donkey, who was just crazy aggressive but got lucky because he would get top pair with **** kicker that held up. If I had doubled up with my set, I know that I would have just crushed that weak *** table. I know I sound conceited but I really feel it's true. The other thing that I was disappointed in was the I couldn't find the FCP guys. Most of the other online sites had nice rooms set up but not FCP. I asked around and they were all like "What is that?" I gave up after a while. It's too bad, I really wanted to wear FCP gear. Not that it really mattered since I didn't last anyways but it would have been nice.I ended up wearing Fulltilt gear and this lady walked around and put .NET stickers on my hat and tshirt because .com is not allowed anymore. Surprisingly, I played most of my poker at Gold Coast (where I stayed) and Treasure Island. TI was the most fun. I learned how to play Badugi, Razz, 2 7 low ball triple draw, A to 5 draw and double flop crazy pineapple. It was a 3 6 limit game but I really enjoyed it because I really wasn't in the mood to play holdem after I took that beat. Hopefully I'll get good at some of those games and play in a non holdem event next year. I can't wait to go back again next year, hopefully I can play a few more events including the ME. Thanks for reading.

Dratj,Good read. Thanks for the report and sorry to hear about the tough luck in the tournament. It was nice meeting you at the Gold Coast on Friday.

Dratj,Good read. Thanks for the report and sorry to hear about the tough luck in the tournament. It was nice meeting you at the Gold Coast on Friday.
Yah, cool meeting you too.

At least you got your money in as a favorite, so you don´t have to be mad at yourself for getting busted with a stupid play.But seriosly, why do people want to wear that butt-ugly poker-site clothing if they are not paid? I see why the pros wear it because they make good money from it, but normal people who get nothing in return for it?

At least you got your money in as a favorite, so you don´t have to be mad at yourself for getting busted with a stupid play.But seriosly, why do people want to wear that butt-ugly poker-site clothing if they are not paid? I see why the pros wear it because they make good money from it, but normal people who get nothing in return for it?
You get a piece of what Negreanu wins. It's probably not going to be much though unfortunately.