has the simpsons jumped the shark?

Now as some of you may know The Simpsons is my favortie show of all time. But it just seems like the last couple of years the episodes have slowly gone down hill (for me at least). It just seems like there is no depth to the storyline. And there aren't nearly as many moments that make you cry because your laughing so hard. Maybe it's just me.Your thoughts?

I haven't watched back to back Simpson's eps for about 5 years now. The problem as I see it is that they are bringing in guest voices instead of paying for good writers.
I think you hit it right on the head chuck. While there have been some great episodes recently, they've been few and far between. For me it was around seasons 11&12 where they were starting to reach on many episodes. Its a shame, but they've been around for a long time and it can be hard to keep on being highly creative when they've written as much and made as much money as they have. Even cheers started to get boring towards the end and every great show faces this, makes you wonder how many more seasons will happen

I don't even think we're supposed to be talking about this. I'm waiting for hooded men to pop out of my closet and take me away into a Simpson's protection program.I have to ..... agree though. I don't think that it has gotten horrible, but there is def something missing from the recent seasons. I think Chuck may be on to something there.Wait, they're at my door! Damn, they found me! Tell the others what I've said and...... :shock:

yah the recent years have definitely not been as good as years past. I too agree with chuck, seems like every episode they've got some new star on as a guest while the plot lines suffer terribly.

yeah...sad but true...simpsons episode are getting worse as a new episode is shown. I don't like saying this but i think it's time for the simpsons to step down :cry: but on a bright side, if they do, they will make a simpsons movie to cap it all off :-)

has the simpsons jumped the shark? NO, but that phrase did about 5 years ago. It was a clever euphimism for a while, now it's just annoying. Like people who still say "Not!" as in "The Simpsons suck..not!"

has the simpsons jumped the shark? NO, but that phrase did about 5 years ago. It was a clever euphimism for a while, now it's just annoying. Like people who still say "Not!" as in "The Simpsons suck..not!"
It has been revived thanks to the Happy Days reunion show.