The Unofficial Official Trading Deadline Thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the Tigers are interested in Soriano, but I just don't know why they'd take anyone out of the lineup at this point. Their hitting is good, and giving up a very good prospect(s) to get Soriano would be a mistake IMO.

The Jays have 10 days to trade Hillenbrand after they kicked him off the team...i think they could still get something good for him, maybe they will try and get Adam Kennedy for him i heard they were interested.

JEFF KEPPINGER TRADED TO THE ROYALS FOR RUBEN GOTAY!!OMG OMG OMG!!!! IMPACT TRADE!!! WE'RE CONTENDERS AGAIN!!!
lolbut in all seriousness, Ive heard that Keppinger is a pretty solid prospect, and I think that giving up Gotay for him is a great deal. I would love the Sox to get Redman from KC. I'd say we have some average prospects I'd be willing to part with to get him. I also think we have to dump Seanez soon. I hate that guy, we just need to DFA him.
The Jays have 10 days to trade Hillenbrand after they kicked him off the team...i think they could still get something good for him, maybe they will try and get Adam Kennedy for him i heard they were interested.
Did he go on the radio and call out the GM by saying, "trade me, fag" again? Cause it was funny the first time it happened. No lie, Adam Kennedy's my favorite non-Sox player. The genesis of this was the best Sox game I've ever seen in person. It was an extra inning affair against the Angels where we were down to our last out and Daubach put one in the bullpen. Then down to our last out again in extras, Daubach hit the game-winner. Not good times, great times. The point is that before the game during the player introductions, I heard Kennedy's name and a chill went down my spine. I told my friends with me that we have to watch out for this guy. Sure enough, he put the Angels ahead early with a home run, and then again later with a perfectly executed suicide squeeze. Hitting three homers in a game against the Yankees in the playoffs only cemented his legacy.
Did he go on the radio and call out the GM by saying, "trade me, fag" again? Cause it was funny the first time it happened. No lie, Adam Kennedy's my favorite non-Sox player. The genesis of this was the best Sox game I've ever seen in person. It was an extra inning affair against the Angels where we were down to our last out and Daubach put one in the bullpen. Then down to our last out again in extras, Daubach hit the game-winner. Not good times, great times. The point is that before the game during the player introductions, I heard Kennedy's name and a chill went down my spine. I told my friends with me that we have to watch out for this guy. Sure enough, he put the Angels ahead early with a home run, and then again later with a perfectly executed suicide squeeze. Hitting three homers in a game against the Yankees in the playoffs only cemented his legacy.
Shea Hillenbrand is a ******. I booed him majorly when I saw him play for the Jays last year at Fenway.
Shea Hillenbrand is a ******. I booed him majorly when I saw him play for the Jays last year at Fenway.
I booed him in Spring Training when he was with the Diamondbacks. I bet he didn't expect that at a preseason game against the Rockies.
I booed him in Spring Training when he was with the Diamondbacks. I bet he didn't expect that at a preseason game against the Rockies.
lolanyway, back to trade rumors before this thread gets hijacked into a thread about that motha****er shea hillenbrandI don't think the Yankees will have much of a chance at the big names, such as Soriano, Abreu, etc. I think there best chances of making a deal would be Sanders or Burnitz or someone similar, unless they want to give up Phillip Huhges, which they have already said isn't going to happen. They will have a better chance at Soriano when he is a free agent. Not that I want them to get him.
Abreu=YankeeIt'll happen. Sox will get a starting pitcher probably a shitty one but oh well. Heard bout Soriano, not sure where hes going to.
I highly highly doubt Abreu will be a Yankee. See my last post for my reasons. Unless the Phillies decide they don't care and will give Abreu away for next to nothing, it won't happen.

Abreu = MetAbreu for Milledge...that's the latest rumor, I do believe.Also..about Keppinger, yeah, he's supposed to be decent...probably a good trade for us. Gotay is projected to have a decent bat..but his defense is atrocious....and his bat isn't near good enough to be good at any other position...

Abreu = MetAbreu for Milledge...that's the latest rumor, I do believe.Also..about Keppinger, yeah, he's supposed to be decent...probably a good trade for us. Gotay is projected to have a decent bat..but his defense is atrocious....and his bat isn't near good enough to be good at any other position...
Id say the Abreu for Milledge deal favors the Phils.And I believe that Lee is off of the block, not 100% sure tho.
Id say the Abreu for Milledge deal favors the Phils.And I believe that Lee is off of the block, not 100% sure tho.
Abreu for Milledge no doubt favors the Phils. Abreu is awesome....but for how much longer?? Also..maybe he has some character/leadership issues?? Everything I've heard about Milledge is that he's going to be pretty special..so we'll see. Not sure if this trade is going to happen...but maybe.

LF - Reed Johnson/Frank CatalanottoCF - Vernon WellsRF - Alex Rios3B - Troy GlausSS - John McDonald/Russ Adams2B - Aaron Hill1B - Lyle OverbayC - Bengie Molina/Greg ZaunP - Roy Halladay, A.J. Burnett, Ted Lilly, Gustavo Chacin, Casey JanssenThey are pretty solid at all those positions except for SS and P. Neither McDonald or Adams are any good and They need 1 more pitcher because Janssen has been struggling. If they cant get a Pitcher for Shea Hillenbrand then they should definently go after Julio Lugo or Adam Kennedy because either of them would fix their middle infield problem.

The new rumor is Mike Lowell to the Padres for Chris Young or Jake Peavy (obviously with more going to the Padres if Peavy's involved).Young's pretty good and had a good season in Texas last year, so I'm not too worried about his National League pedigree. If the deal were to be made, it shapes up to be a good one for the Red Sox, as they can cut Lowell's 9 million dollar salary and avoid his usual second-half slump. Of course, this could be nonsense to drive down Hillenbrand's price. Not sure who would play first for the Red Sox if the deal is made....perhaps another deal is in the works.Edit: More likely: Linebrink and Klesko for Lowell. All unsubstantiated rumors.

The new rumor is Mike Lowell to the Padres for Chris Young or Jake Peavy (obviously with more going to the Padres if Peavy's involved).Young's pretty good and had a good season in Texas last year, so I'm not too worried about his National League pedigree. If the deal were to be made, it shapes up to be a good one for the Red Sox, as they can cut Lowell's 9 million dollar salary and avoid his usual second-half slump. Of course, this could be nonsense to drive down Hillenbrand's price. Not sure who would play first for the Red Sox if the deal is made....perhaps another deal is in the works.Edit: More likely: Linebrink and Klesko for Lowell. All unsubstantiated rumors.
A wild pitchBy Eric Wilbur, Boston.com StaffYou want ridiculous proposals?You want unfounded rumors?You want scenarios so outlandish they border on gonzo journalism?Welcome to the Major League Baseball trading deadline season, where you too can pick names out of a hat, throw them against the wall, and see if they stick.The Padres need a third baseman? Well, why would they try to go after Shea (Terrell Owens) Hillenbrand for next to nothing when they could pick up Mike Lowell for $10 million and their best young pitcher in Jake Peavy? Sure,why not?As outlandish as the Alex Rodriguez to the Phillies rumor is, this one borders it in pure lunacy. Buster Olney of ESPN.com is reporting that the Padres, after releasing Vinny Castilla earlier this week, are desperate for help at third, and have inquired the Red Sox about Lowell. That much, at least, sounds legit, as is the matter of the pitching-deficient Red Sox asking for some in return. And then, somehow, it all spirals out of control, with the Red Sox getting one of the National League's best young pitchers in exchange for a third baseman on the other side of 30.I'm not sure which is harder to believe, that somebody actually created this scenario with a straight face on Baseball Tonight, or that one poster on the Boston.com message boards proclaimed this trade would be "Absolutely [expletive] horrible."True. For the Padres.If a deal of this magnitude were even a remote possibility, Theo Epstein's drool would have flooded the Back Bay by this point. Peavy is a 25-year-old ace in the making who will make a total of $10.75 million over the next two seasons, or $1.75 million more than Lowell will make next season alone. As much as Lowell has meant to the defensive prowess of this club, if there's an opportunity to round out your rotation for the future with a 25-year old like Peavy, joining 22-year-old Jon Lester, 26-year-old Josh Beckett, and 25-year-old Jonathan Papelbon for the long-term, well...actually, look at that foursome, do I really have to finish this thought?"Absolutely [expletive] horrible?" Uh, no. Still, I was shocked when I delved even deeper into the thread, my mouth agape at the utter inanity going on.Jake Peavy would seem logical but go into the minors…Looks like Wonder Boy Epstein is trying to make everyone forget the stupid trade he made earlier (Wily Mo Strikeout for Arroyo) by making an even dumber one. If he does this I'm all for sending him and his guitar to San Diego along with Lowell. If you convert Peavy's numbers this year to the American League he has between a 5.50 and 6.00 ERA. Might as well have picked up Sidney Ponson who has proven he can be successful in the AL. Nothing against Peavy, but I'm not ready to trade away someone as important as Lowell to get him.Wow.Much of this thought process might have to do with the quick glance at Peavy's numbers this season, in which he is 4-9 with a 4.78 ERA, a record that has been hurt somewhat by a case of shoulder tendonitis that has limited his ability to spot his fastball. He hasn't won for San Diego since May 28, and gave up seven earned runs in his last outing, Sunday against Atlanta.Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Tribune tries to figure out what's wrong with Peavy this season, while Jeff Mason at Covers.com took a look at San Diego's putrid defense and tried to figure out how much it has had an affect on Peavy this season. He concludes that Peavy's Defense Independent ERA would be a steady 3.22. While we have to assume an NL to AL adjustment for a guy like Peavy, how much would Boston's stellar infield defense aid him in that regard?Know this though, if Peavy's name is indeed coming up in discussions, it's for a heck of a lot more than Lowell (Craig Hansen, perhaps?) No matter what his record says, Peavy is the cornerstone of the Padres' franchise. The Padres hope to have him be what the Red Sox hope Josh Beckett to be in Boston. Unless Kevin Towers has discovered something significantly wrong with his mechanics, there's no way he's moving.The Padres may have indeed called about Lowell.The Red Sox likely asked about Peavy.But there is no way, no how, not ever, that a Mike Lowell for Jake Peavy trade would have ever been on the table. Never.But welcome to July.
I would be very surprised to see Milledge get traded. I thought he was practically untouchable.
I wouldn't. Remember, this is the organization that traded Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

WSox are looking for a relief pitcher and could trade Garcia or Vazquez sometime this year or in the offseason. I really think we need a new lead off hitter.

"Absolutely [expletive] horrible?" Uh, no. Still, I was shocked when I delved even deeper into the thread, my mouth agape at the utter inanity going on.Jake Peavy would seem logical but go into the minors…Looks like Wonder Boy Epstein is trying to make everyone forget the stupid trade he made earlier (Wily Mo Strikeout for Arroyo) by making an even dumber one. If he does this I'm all for sending him and his guitar to San Diego along with Lowell.
Proof right there that Red Sox fans aren't as smart as they think they are.