So I bust my 2-7 cherry this last week playing the mixed game at Bellagio (fantastic, btw). Fortunately my split pot skills more than paid for my 2-7 schooling, but I think I am now hooked and may need to come here for therapy.Highlight was being dealt a wheel in EP, Limp, raise, call and I made it 3. I then get chased all the way by the button who makes No 2 on the second round and check raises me....I gave it a bit too much Holywood though and so he didn't cap.Anyway, back to education:Here is a hand to start:34556 UTGLimp, raise or Limp/re-raise?Assuming there is action behind, do you draw 1 or 2?

So I bust my 2-7 cherry this last week playing the mixed game at Bellagio (fantastic, btw). Fortunately my split pot skills more than paid for my 2-7 schooling, but I think I am now hooked and may need to come here for therapy.Highlight was being dealt a wheel in EP, Limp, raise, call and I made it 3. I then get chased all the way by the button who makes No 2 on the second round and check raises me....I gave it a bit too much Holywood though and so he didn't cap.Anyway, back to education:Here is a hand to start:34556 UTGLimp, raise or Limp/re-raise?Assuming there is action behind, do you draw 1 or 2?
Im no Triple draw expert, but it seems the play is to get info first. You need to find out where you are at, so Id limp and and limp raise anyone who leads out. If you get capped you know where you are at, if you dont then draw one. I dont see a need to draw two here unless you get bet into by players who take 2-3 cards on the 2nd round. just my thoughts
Ummm...what postion? This hand isn't very good. However, if you decide to play this hand you must draw 2. Unless your stealing on the button or defending your blinds muck this hand.
Assuming there is action behind, do you draw 1 or 2?
you're drawing two. 3456 is a horrible draw, and you're looking really for only one card that can fill it (8). draw two, and try to get a better draw from there.
What stakes was this mixed game?? Also, does anyone know what the lowest stakes mixed games are offered in Vegas?
60/120, although my understandign is that it normally plays 40/80.I played a 3/6 mix at Caesars, where the table decided what we were going to play: Omaha Hi, Crazy Pineapple, Double Flop HE, O8, Badugi. It was a blast, and yes, alcohol was involved!
  • 4 weeks later...