Improving On Every Street

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif. UTG calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button raises, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.Flop: (10 SB) Qheart.gif, 7diamond.gif, 4heart.gif(5 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, CO folds, Button raises, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.Turn: (9 BB) Kspade.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.River: (16 BB) Qclub.gif(3 players)Hero bets, UTG calls, Button calls.Final Pot: 19 BB======================My thoughts during the play:"Alright, I have the best hand.""Oh no, I guess I don't""Great, now I do!""What the heck, guess I'm behind""This hand is mine!"There are plenty of places to change up the play here.Where would you have played this differently?I'm not sure what the point of going for a check-raise on the flop would be.Given my reads, I didn't mind the others coming along for the ride.Reads:UTG was a calling station. He was playing garbage all day. And he would call along to the river with any piece. Though he didn't raise often at all.SB was a big LAG. He liked to bluff raise everything. But he was passive on this hand.Button was tight. He had shown very little aggression during the night and I put him on a quality starting hand.Please advise--cm

Cap every street.
capping the flop looks a bit too ambitious too me. Cap turn and bet call river.And on the river your relative hand value doesnt really change, If the button had KK on the turn he still has you beat, 77 en 44 are unlikely.

I love your commentary on what you were thinking. As I read thru the hand I was thinking the same thing :)PF - goodFlop - I probably check raise here. Plenty of draws and I think it gives more information.Turn - Wow. I hate all options. I think I dislike calling the most tho, given how you played it. Here again tho, I think if you c/r the flop you can see if button takes back the lead with a 3-bet and make a more informed decision on the turn.River - Good, but you should delete the actions of your villains to get unbiased opinions.Jeff/now to read replies

capping the flop looks a bit too ambitious too me. Cap turn and bet call river.And on the river your relative hand value doesnt really change, If the button had KK on the turn he still has you beat, 77 en 44 are unlikely.
I just meant to get a bit more out of the hand.I agree, flop cap would be too much.Turn and river, I have no problem going to war on.
I love your commentary on what you were thinking. As I read thru the hand I was thinking the same thing :)PF - goodFlop - I probably check raise here. Plenty of draws and I think it gives more information.Turn - Wow. I hate all options. I think I dislike calling the most tho, given how you played it. Here again tho, I think if you c/r the flop you can see if button takes back the lead with a 3-bet and make a more informed decision on the turn.River - Good, but you should delete the actions of your villains to get unbiased opinions.Jeff/now to read replies
Jeff,the reason I don't like a flop check/raise is that with this many opponents, a relatively tight player won't usually bet, unless he has something that beats you. Too often I think this flop gets checked through.Given that he raised the flop, I like your idea of going for the turn check/raise, since we can confidently put him on AA-QQ/77/AK/KQ/KJs.Once villian 3-bets this turn, I think it is safe to rule out AA, AK, and KJs. I think a cap is too much, even with UTG padding the pot.