Ak Is Always Fun

Ouch,I do believe he thought he could bust me if he hit his card. I definately didn't want any K or 7 falling on the river. If he still pushes on that card, then I'm more likely to fold than not.Again, this hand was totally read dependant. I tried to price him off his draw on the turn. It didn't work. He tried to represent the set on the river, which was too late. I have to call there.If I'm in the villians position, I c/r the flop to take the play away from him. I put all his chips in the middle. If I have KQ or 89, I've still got plenty of outs.I don't know, maybe I've read Super System too many times, but I just don't think I can justify the villian having anything but a drawing hand from the way he played it. I wish DN would opine about this, would like to hear his opinion.
I like threads that make me think; this one has.I like your line for the villain on the flop a lot more than what he actually did. I have found myself in Villain's actual position too many times to not appreciate the value of the c/r semi-bluff. Ouch, learning from other's mistakes, signing off...

People who play mostly online don't understand how much easier it is to get a strong read playing live. Be it from a comment, the way villian puts his chips in, etc., it's much easier to be certain of a read then it is when you're playing at a computer. Obviously, the way tallytown played the hand isn't standard operating procedure, but if you've got a strong read, sometimes you just have to go with it.Oh, and for the record, villian played the hand very poorly on every street. If you want to semibluff your draw, you have to do it before you miss. Bet/calling, check/calling, and then pushing when you miss is just spewing chips in a huge way.

People who play mostly online don't understand how much easier it is to get a strong read playing live. Be it from a comment, the way villian puts his chips in, etc., it's much easier to be certain of a read then it is when you're playing at a computer
I'm no live game master but I agree completely.
Oh, and for the record, villian played the hand very poorly on every street. If you want to semibluff your draw, you have to do it before you miss. Bet/calling, check/calling, and then pushing when you miss is just spewing chips in a huge way.
I suppose it was the original "very strong" tag assigned to villian that threw me off. Villian didn't play a draw in the way I would expect a "very strong" player to do so.