just thought i'd let you all in on the fact that the ganzaga mens basketball team has more than just hot shots . Most of the team are also solid poker players. if you were to pick the best of the bunch, I'd have to go with our point guard, derrik ravio, this mans got game. I sat and watched him the other night and was really surprised at some of his moves. Blake Step last years point gaurd was o.k. a little on the queit side for my liking but he made up for it on the court and now in the european league. If any of this team has a chance at poker glory my money is on RAVIO. Yes I am also a fan.

its seems ballers like to play poker.......i was reading charles barkleys book and he had some stories about the original dream team with jordan, magic, charles and scottie....they used to have poker games all night till the morning and then sleep till thier game at night.......crazy thing is jordan used to play poker all night....sleep about an hour wake up, play golf and then go drop 40 on which ever international team they were playign that night

hope im not busting anyones bubble here, but ole michael jordan is not all that he is cracked up to be. he has a notorious gambling addiction. more can be said on this sunject, but i will leave it at that.

hope im not busting anyones bubble here, but ole michael jordan is not all that he is cracked up to be. he has a notorious gambling addiction. more can be said on this sunject, but i will leave it at that.
So what you're saying is not only is he considered the greatest of all time, but the majority of us can say we have something in common with him? Awesome. Certainly not bustin' my bubble, I think I'm gonna shoot him an email and invite him to my home games. Seriously, if you play poker every day, I think you are considered a gambling addict. Not that any of us would agree with that, but that's the classification. I probably could easily be an addict -- it takes all my will-power to keep myself from sports betting. I have delusions about winning every bet because I follow sports closely.
Guest Anonymous

I played basketball against Derek a lot in highschool if hes as good at poker as he is at basketball he could definately make a living at it. Basketball you have to be the ebast of the best to make a living with poker there are so many clowns out there that tons of people are now playing professionally.

to say mj had a gambling problem maight be a little strong...the amount of money he lost is comparable to any one of us losing 50 bucks...sure it sucks, but in no way depletes out bankrolls..

Guest Anonymous
lol.. so many people from washington state. ellensburg, huh? I'm from yakima :D might actually be a step up :)-dan
not actually from ellensburg just go to school there and yakima is definately not a step up from any town

As a student at WAZZU, I frequently try to make it up to Spokane for some poker action. On a recent visit to Northern Qwest, I was seated in the 3/6 game across the table from Turiaf. I think it was Mike D. in Rounders who said something to the effect that nice guys don't make good poker players. Well, Turiaf was a real sweetheart! Maybe it was all the girls coming up to him talking to him throwing his game off...just stick to basketball Ronnie.