Preflop Play Against Uber Maniac

Last week there was a topic regarding how to play against a maniac that was hyper aggressive pre-flop...I found myself in this very situation last night, love to read your thoughts:$25NL on Party; 6 handedVillian had $155 in front of him I sat down and had been at the table for 15 minutes or so...Reads: in 15 minutes he had 4 hands in which he raised to $1 or $2 someone comes over the top say for $4 - $6 and villian re-raised all in only to get called. Hands villian showed down: K10os, A10os, 88, Q10sAll hands were less than premium and all hands were hands he was the first raiser in the pot.I got involved with 4 hands, each time I had $25 and villian had me covered, normally against a guy like this, I'll wait and get a premium hand and get my chips all in but I tried something a little different this time based on feedback from a post last week. Here are the 4 hands in question:Hand #1: Hero dealt AQos...Villian raises to $1, Hero raises all-in, Villian callsHand #2: Hero dealt AA...Hero raises to $1, Villian re-raises to $1.75, Hero raises all-in, Villian callsHand #3: Hero dealt AJs...Villian raises to $1, Hero raises all in, Villian callsHand #4: Hero dealt JJ...Villian raises to $2, Hero raises all in, villian callsHand #2 is a no brainer, what do you guys think about hands 1,3 and 4?

which one is the maniac again?6 max, I don't have problem with most of these plays, you just have to get some cards, it can very easy be a 4 buyins up, or 4 buyins down

villian played somewhat aggresive on the flop, but he would generally give it up if he didn't hit anything and got played back at...also he'd chase, huge overbet with the nutsoverall I'd say he was a gambling fool, great donkey or a great higher limit player who was bored and was f****** around at the low limits.I don't normally play this way against a maniac like this, as I tend to be more conservative but I thought I'd experiment a little.There was a post last week about pre-flop play against a maniac who was trying to dominate the table. And the majority said it was worth it to make stands (ie. play aggressive pre-flop with good but not premium hands) in order to get a big stack early.Just thought this was interesting follow up to the post last week. Any others have any to add?

no_neck...why do you think the table is bad? Maniac is willing to call all-in's with weak holdings. Is that not a good situation?The fact I play at the $25 NL tables makes me a nut-peddler by default right? :club:

CHANGE TABLES! why would you want to sit at that table
because the villain is CALLING all-ins with K10o, Q10o, and A10o?to the OP - I like hands 2 and 4. given the way you describe the villain as slowing down postflop, i would just call the raise and see a flop *in position* in hands 1 and 3.

the reason I said that is because he has you covered by so much. you are going to have to double up a couple of times, without busting to get all his chips. and if he likes to play preflop that cuts down on your edge. (assuming you know how to play post flop) :club: If you have position on him that changes things completely. Out of position though sucks. I think seat selection is just as important as table selection.