K9s, Top Pair/flush Draw.... Ugly Turn (3 Way Pot)

I think we're playing like 7 handed. The table's playing too tight, and I just started opening up about 5 hands ago. Nobody's played that well postflop. People are folding too much, but I have no idea if anyone's gonna play back sometime soon. I'm too drunk to get good reads on the players, apart from my usual "I call shenanigans" type reads. I realize this is meaningless, so assume "random player" for all players. During the hand, I thought to myself, "Oh man, I think the player behind me is too loose, and the EP player sucks" but that's all I've got. I don't want to hear any guff about the preflop raise. It's fine.More than anything, I'm looking for the best turn line, given my quasireads... and what is our plan for the river??Party Poker Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9diamond.gif, Kdiamond.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: (8 SB) 9spade.gif, 7diamond.gif, 5diamond.gif(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.Turn: (6 BB) 6club.gif(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero ?????

Well, if you check, and MP2 has an 8, and he bets, you are going to put in 2BB postflop anyway. If one of the blinds checked an 8 banking on you to bet again, well that's just a terrible play. And while terrible players make terrible plays, I tihnk that most would bet an 8 here, if not because they don't think that you'll bet agian, then because they just hit a straight and they bet when they hit their hands.So the turn looks like an easy bet/call. River depends on the card on the action on the previous street. If someone raises, you should probably fold.

Well, if you check, and MP2 has an 8, and he bets, you are going to put in 2BB postflop anyway. If one of the blinds checked an 8 banking on you to bet again, well that's just a terrible play. And while terrible players make terrible plays, I tihnk that most would bet an 8 here, if not because they don't think that you'll bet agian, then because they just hit a straight and they bet when they hit their hands.So the turn looks like an easy bet/call. River depends on the card on the action on the previous street. If someone raises, you should probably fold.
My first instinct was to bet the turn in position, and call a raise, planning on folding to river bet if I got popped on the turn. But when I thought about it, I considered inducing a river bluff by check/calling it down (assuming no imporvement).I'm obviously worried about random overs, and especially random over/gutshot combos that might fold the turn if I bet.The turn seems like a pretty easy bet, given the size of the pot, but at the same time I don't see any hands posing any logical threat besides TJ (or maybe something like a random Ax pair hand).... If I check the turn, I plan on calling any non-diamond riverWang

Individually, there aren't many hands that pose a great threat to you that you beat. Some players may have 4 outs against you at most. But combined, your opponents have a lot more outs against you. Not only that, you have an equity edge on the, and can't really afford it getting checked through. If it were HU, checking would be more viable for the reasons you mentioned.

If I could think as coherently and type as accurately while drunk as Wang is able to, I would stop limiting myself to a case of beer a day and start really indulging myself.You are the jedi master of inebriated posting.

take a check here, then check fold the river if you miss
That's ultra weak.We are checking because we assume that someone will have an 8 at a tight table? We still have top pair, AND a flush draw. I want to bet, call a raise, and then I can fold the river UI if necessary, or raise when I hit my flush.If I check behind, I'm NOT folding the river for 1 bet. There was no indication of strength by anybody else in this hand.- Zach