Just Kill Me And Take My Money

I liked your post until you got to this part. As it applies to deep stacked NLHE this statement could not be more incorrect.I guess I worded it poorly in trying to get my sentiment across. What I meant is that to beat a deep stacked NL cash game, you usually need to play really tight if you don't take the pot down right away. In general (either because you folded PF or postflop), it's going to take a lot of hands before you play a big pot, so when you get a good hand, you really want to hold on to it, since it's the best thing you've seen in what feels like hours. What I was thinking of in terms of starting hands, is how a lot of times, you'll raise with something like JJ and know that you're hand's practically worthless if you don't flop a set after you get reraised by a tight player even though you can go a whole session without a better starting hand.Meanwhile, in a game like PL Omaha, you're going to be playing a lot of big pots, since you'll get in with a big draw against a set or something like that, so when your bottom set does get repotted, it's easier to get away from. In LHE, you still have to be careful about starting hands, but you can usually afford to call down even when you're afraid your opponent might have something bigger. That's what I was saying in terms of the combination of starting hands being important as well as big laydowns.
It seems to me as though your views on no-limit cash games are extremely skewed. I have no idea where you got this idea.

god.. this just happens to me yesterday night. I am new to real money poker online. I have been playing poker for 2 years real life though. I read a lot about poker but I still consider myself weak compared to most of the online players. I signed up for a $75 party poker bonus and it has a requirement of playing 1000 raked hands to earn $25 more. I figure I can learn some cash game strategy with this 'house money' and there I go sitting at a 0.1-0.25 PL $25 max game in Party. I was mostly a tournament player (we played sit-n-go in home games) and rarely played cash games. For the first 249 hands, I played tight. Wasn't up a lot and down a lot. I checked my balance (i guess that's a big mistake of checking your balance while still in the game) and I am at a measly +$0.28 after 249 hands. Here's how the 250th hand goes down:AQo in BB. UTG raised to 0.85. UTG+1 called. I called.Flop is Q-10-3 rainbow. I bet pot 2.55. call. call.Turn is 5h (second heart). I check. UTG bets 4. UTG+1 raised to 8. (Fish play starts) I call. UTG call.River is blank. I check. UTG check. UTG+1 bets $13. I called with my remaining $11. UTG folds. UTG+1 showed 10-10. I was dejected. Feeling totally stupid. In retrospect, when the turn bets got raised, everything points to a fold. But like OP said, some mysterious force in the back side of my brain just drags my hand to the call button. I like the idea of 'folding more than you should for now'. Maybe I should try that.

You can never go wrong with Kenny Rogers
Amen, brother. Signed: The coward of the county.PS: The way to get that ******* off his set and make TPTK good, is to push all-in at the flop, as soon as you see that TPTK. Don't let the villain get wind of the fact that his set may be good. Make him think you have quads or even quints. He'll fold. Trust me.