Some Nl Questions - Calling All Ins Etc

Hey all, I just have some questions regarding NL Cash games and would love to hear your input on themBtw, the questions I'm asking are hands that I've seen playing from .50/1NL, incase that influences your opinions a littleBlinds .50/1, assume everyone has $100 stack. Villain is Semi-LAGSituation 1:utg raises to $3, you call from mp3 with 66, and the button calls. Flop is5Clubs, J spades and 6 Clubs, utg bets $8 - do you raise big like $20 here or do you immediately push hoping that he might call with big pocket pair?Situation 2:You raise preflop 3.5 from mp2 and CO calls. You have TPTK on a board like Q clubs, 6 spades, 3 spadesWould you ever risk all your chips in a pot like this?For example $5 into the flop, raised to 10 so you call. You bet pot and he calls. You check river and he goes all in.How safe do you normally feel w/tptk is what I'm basically asking here.Situation 3:Same as above except Villain is LAG. You bet the pot and he pushes all in. You have no data on him.Situation 4:utg raises $3, you call with As 9s, CO calls. You have the nut flush draw on a board 3s 8s Kd. 3 way action, utg bets the pot, you call and CO folds. Turn is 5c, he bets the pot. Can you call here? Even with Implied Odds because even if you make your flush, he's only going to call a small bet correct?

Situation 1:utg raises to $3, you call from mp3 with 66, and the button calls. Flop is5Clubs, J spades and 6 Clubs, utg bets $8 - do you raise big like $20 here or do you immediately push hoping that he might call with big pocket pair?All inSituation 2:You raise preflop 3.5 from mp2 and CO calls. You have TPTK on a board like Q clubs, 6 spades, 3 spadesWould you ever risk all your chips in a pot like this?For example $5 into the flop, raised to 10 so you call. You bet pot and he calls. You check river and he goes all in.How safe do you normally feel w/tptk is what I'm basically asking here.NoSituation 3:Same as above except Villain is LAG. You bet the pot and he pushes all in. You have no data on him.If I have no data on him how do I know he's a LAG?Situation 4:utg raises $3, you call with As 9s, CO calls. You have the nut flush draw on a board 3s 8s Kd. 3 way action, utg bets the pot, you call and CO folds. Turn is 5c, he bets the pot. Can you call here? Even with Implied Odds because even if you make your flush, he's only going to call a small bet correct?Implied odds? what implied odds? raise the flop. If you call flop and turn then bet/rause when a 3rd spade hits you might as well show him your flush before you bet

1. Raise big.2. I'm generally pretty comfortable with TPTK unless the board is extremely draw heavy or the player is very tight. However be careful, there is a huge difference between your top pair being Aces or Kings, Queens are middling, Jacks and Tens I'd be much more careful with if they are top pair.3. Umm call. You've got to stand up to loose player sometime, might as well be here.4. No you can't. Just because you call with a draw on the flop, it in no way obligates you to calling a big bet on the turn.

Hey all, I just have some questions regarding NL Cash games and would love to hear your input on themBtw, the questions I'm asking are hands that I've seen playing from .50/1NL, incase that influences your opinions a littleBlinds .50/1, assume everyone has $100 stack. Villain is Semi-LAGSituation 1:utg raises to $3, you call from mp3 with 66, and the button calls. Flop is5Clubs, J spades and 6 Clubs, utg bets $8 - do you raise big like $20 here or do you immediately push hoping that he might call with big pocket pair?
"Villain" is UTG, not the button, right?I wouldn't consider $20 raising big.~$10 in the pot preflop +$8 for his bet+$8 to match his bet.---------------$26 in the pot.Raising pot would be raising that $26 or making it $34 straight. (I think. I'm getting too tired for this sort of thing.) I think that's a good number here. I want to tempt a draw, but give it poor odds. All-in with this stack size isn't crazy, but I don't think it's optimal. You do need to consider how you'd play a good draw here and bet in a similar fasion to disguise your set.

another questionat this level, or any other no limit level, what mindset do you try to adopt?Win a big pot an hour? (doubling up) or trying to chop away and take down small pots w/ur pairs? I realized that even by just chopping away at small pots, if u're successful doing that at 4 tabling, it adds up nicely :club:

another questionat this level, or any other no limit level, what mindset do you try to adopt?Win a big pot an hour? (doubling up) or trying to chop away and take down small pots w/ur pairs? I realized that even by just chopping away at small pots, if u're successful doing that at 4 tabling, it adds up nicely :club:
hoenstly dudethink for yourself-youre honestly no help to this forumall the strat threads you post in are the 10 a day you post of your own hands. Youre like a ****ing misquito(sp) you come, suck strategy from us and never post on anyone else thread to help anyone elsethe one you did was primarily because the thread had your name in it.and thread like these make no sense cause they hypothetical hands, post acual hands, you know like apparently the 50 a day you need help with

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't add on to other posts becauase i'm pretty new to the NL cash game. I'd rather not post suggestions if I'm unsure.If you look at my earlier posts, I did help out in the tournament section. I posted there because I'm very confident in my tournament game.What's wrong with hypothetical? Best way to learn is by asking questions no?and when you say think for yourself - I'd rather not develop bad habits. How can I know that pushing here or raising here is the best play? I definitely won't be able to count the # of times I'm in that situation where I made a certain play. I'm very picky about my cash game play. You can get away with more errors in tournament poker whereas in cash games, each error you consistently make adds up and can become costly.I promise you that when I'm more confident in my nl ring game, I will definitely post my suggestions here more often.

hoenstly dudethink for yourself-youre honestly no help to this forumall the strat threads you post in are the 10 a day you post of your own hands. Youre like a ****ing misquito(sp) you come, suck strategy from us and never post on anyone else thread to help anyone elsethe one you did was primarily because the thread had your name in it.and thread like these make no sense cause they hypothetical hands, post acual hands, you know like apparently the 50 a day you need help with

What's wrong with hypothetical? Best way to learn is by asking questions no?yeahbut not on hands that never happendthats like asking who we think would win a superbowl between the 1998 Demver Broncos and the 2006 Pittsburgh Steelersasking hypotheticals isnt gonna help you one bit

This comes across as really harsh. Speaking for myself, I don't mind someone posting questions in strat without posting answers. Obviously if you're a beginner, it takes some time to develop. But I agree that you should a ) avoid posting a lot of hands all at one. Instead, spread them out a bit over some time and b ) post actual hands with hand histories, because there are a lot of factors that go into analyzing hands and most people won't spend much time on hypotheticals. Good luck.
I honestly believe that good hypothetical situations contrasted against others are more helpful than one single hand. It's less about trying to read a hand that you weren't even in and more about discussing the types of factors that are going to affect the way you approach a hand. I'd say you get more out of this forum if more people replied to some of the hypothetical posts (like the one's DDIDM posted a few months ago) than the real hands. Real hands are good though too.
youre no help to this forum either. All you do is constantly flame on people. you're a huge fag with too much time on your hands.