Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$19 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $100UTG+1: $154MP1: $86.85MP2: $114.30MP3: $31.75Hero: $243.25Button: $33SB: $43.75BB: $112.35Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with :D:)5 folds, Hero raises to $3, Button calls, 2 folds.Flop: :D:club::) ($7.5, 2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: :D ($7.5, 2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.River: :) ($7.5, 2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Results:Final pot: $7.5In situations like these, should I just keep betting pot size to the river? lol or is it not worth fighting for? What's the "proper" strategy here? I do like to steal blinds so when I get caught, continue firing pot size bets? even with no outs?

Continuation bet a flop like that everytime.Sometimes I'll mix it up checking the flop and bet the turn, possibly representing a monster or to see if my opponent bluffs in such a spot, but not on this board as he might just put you on missed overs. Against weaker opponents you could a gotten away with a Turn bet to take it down.I would either check the river, since you've checked so far and are representing absolutely nothing, or you could throw out a 1/2 pot bet that does not have to win very often(1 in 3). The goal would be to get better kings to fold.(but an ace might call anyways) I wouldn't bet too much though, as most hands that fold now you have beat!!The answer to your general question(do I keep firing?) is an art that we are well trying to master. It depends more on the board and your opponent then your holdings. Fire a continuation bet more often than not, as you want to get paid when you do hit a hand(and a variety other reasons). Defend your money!!!EDIT: one more piece of advice. Don' t look for one "rule" or "answer." Just try things out and see what happens, what hands call, etc. Its only money after all. Also, it will help you get a feel for the table you are sitting at, the opponents that play your level/site, and the game in general.

I agree with tapeworm there is no hard and fast rule for continuation betting, but I also agree that this flop has to be bet - what do you think he has here that he can call a pot-sized bet on the flop? Very little - AA-QQ and probably JJ would reraise pf in position more often than not, there's no straight of flush possibilities here, and any small/medium pocket pair would probably give it up for a pot-sized bet (or even smaller), unless they've setted-up, in which case you're gonna know about it when they reraise and can easily throw your handaway.Same with the turn - that 4 is unlikely to have improved him, so bet away. On the river, if it has been checked all the way, I don't mind either checking or betting here - its an obvious steal to bet, but its also doubtful that your opponent has a good enough hand to call. If you have been betting decent amounts and getting called, this is may be the place to give up and slow down I'd say - I can't see anything that he'd bet that he wouldnt have raised up til this point, and heaven help him if he has 52 or 57...However, if you believe he would fold to a bet, you have to bet - there is very little that youd beat at showdown here.In short - the only rule of the continuation bet is that you have to try and put your opponents on a range of possible hands, or at least be able to gues whether the board is likely, given the previous action, to have helped him, so you know when to slow down - if this flop is reraised, you know to get out, for example. You need to get away from thinking about your own cards (as you said, it was just a steal attempt, so theyre garbage), and focus on whether the board is realistically gonna have helped your opponent.