Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$19 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with :D:club: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises to $4, 4 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.Flop: :) :) :D ($16.5, 4 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $5, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.Turn: :) ($31.5, 3 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets $21, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.River: :D ($73.5, 2 players)Hero checks, MP2 is all-in $72.8, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $219.1preflop - i called because that table was pretty passive, so I was pretty sure the rest would call, and several of them had around $100 stacks, so the potential for a big pay off was there.Turn - i can only call right since utg+1 acts after me? River - is checking fine or should I have definitely bet there?#2Let's say on the turn utg+1 check raised all in, that's a definite call right? Or should I actually give someone credit for a 9,10 there?

I love it... all of it. Even pre-flop.Just as an aside and a rant... I hate how people dog you for calling raises pre-flop with low-suited connectors, yet, if you were to call with something like 77, that's ok. 4c5c plays better against aces (in most situations) than 77. At worst it's extremely close.Nice hand, and you got all of his chips.

I love it... all of it. Even pre-flop.Just as an aside and a rant... I hate how people dog you for calling raises pre-flop with low-suited connectors, yet, if you were to call with something like 77, that's ok. 4c5c plays better against aces (in most situations) than 77. At worst it's extremely close.Nice hand, and you got all of his chips.
In general, I find critisms at the table to be stupid and often unfounded.That said, I think suited connectors are way over rated in restricted buy-in games. You're generally going to have to call at least a flop bet to hit your draw. And if it's a flush, your opponent is going to be staring right at it.
In general, I find critisms at the table to be stupid and often unfounded.That said, I think suited connectors are way over rated in restricted buy-in games. You're generally going to have to call at least a flop bet to hit your draw. And if it's a flush, your opponent is going to be staring right at it.
That's the thing, they are only profitable against opponents who make big mistakes. The good thing about calling raises with 77/4c5c is that even if you knew your opponent had aces, your implied odds are terrific. They have such a strong hand that it's profitable to pay a premium pre-flop since you know they are going to have a difficult time putting down the hand post-flop.As an aside, I generally like to call raises with low-suited connectors if it's a multiway pot, 3+. That way you are giving yourself a better shot at drawing profitably. HU, it is not worth it.
That's the thing, they are only profitable against opponents who make big mistakes. The good thing about calling raises with 77/4c5c is that even if you knew your opponent had aces, your implied odds are terrific. They have such a strong hand that it's profitable to pay a premium pre-flop since you know they are going to have a difficult time putting down the hand post-flop.As an aside, I generally like to call raises with low-suited connectors if it's a multiway pot, 3+. That way you are giving yourself a better shot at drawing profitably. HU, it is not worth it.
the low sooted connectors have a lot more potential than small pocket pairs, too. 45 can get monster flops where you're not "ahead" but you're mathematically ahead. Now, I like connectors and gap connectors between 4 and 9 (no, not like 59os, but 46, 56, 79, etc..), but there is credence for playing something like 23, 34, 24. Those wheel cards can lead to huge paydays if your opponent has atleast one ace and you hit your wheel draw. But, as David pointed out, you're sort of hindered by the fact that its restricted buy in. Still, in low stakes NLHE online ($25-$100NL), I think its profitable to play them for no other reason than they are easy to let go if you miss (for the cost of a single raise, im not saying them play to a raise and reraise), and people at those levels refuse to let go of AA on a board of 567 suited.edit: As for this hand, its great if villain has JJ or AA or KK or QQ. It hurts so good if he has 9T =(
I hate how people dog you for calling raises pre-flop with low-suited connectors, yet, if you were to call with something like 77, that's ok. 4c5c plays better against aces (in most situations) than 77. At worst it's extremely close.
When we say "plays better," we're not talking about the preflop percentages but rather we're talking about how well we are able to extract value when we're ahead by hitting a good flop and how often we hit good flops. 77 plays so much better because it hits good flops more often, has greater visibility when it does, and is less vulnerable to a redraw. Low suited connectors lose value because they often have to draw on the flop to make a better hand, they can easily be counterfeited (if you make two pair or something), and they make understraights and underflushes often.
When we say "plays better," we're not talking about the preflop percentages but rather we're talking about how well we are able to extract value when we're ahead by hitting a good flop and how often we hit good flops. 77 plays so much better because it hits good flops more often, has greater visibility when it does, and is less vulnerable to a redraw. Low suited connectors lose value because they often have to draw on the flop to make a better hand, they can easily be counterfeited (if you make two pair or something), and they make understraights and underflushes often.
I'm talking straight percentages. And your point is noted and accurate.I think you meant to say 77 is less visible, right?