Aa And Huge Pot, Don't Know What To Do

$1/2 fixed limit, quite tight and aggressive table compared to normal $1/2. I'm UTG, and everyone has deep stack. This was some time ago so I don't have hand history, put I decided to post this here since I still don't know how I should have played this postflop. UTG has A :) A :heart:UTG calls... folds ...MP calls... folds ...LP raises... folds ...BB callsUTG 3-betsMP callsLP capsBB callsUTG callsMP calls--- Flop (16,5 SB) ---T :D J :D 6 :club: BB checksUTG betsMP callsLP raisesBB callsUTG 3-betsMP foldsLP capsBB callsUTG calls--- Turn (14,25 BB) ---9 :D BB betsUTG callsLP raisesBB 3-betsUTG callsLP calls--- River (23,25 BB) ---9 :club:BB betsUTG folds.....I called preflop sincea) I had played solid from EP all day - didn't want to just get blinds againB) table was aggressive preflop, usually 3-bet before flopDidn't want to see flop 4-way, but I figured I probably had over 50% pot equity and pot was huge, so I wasn't so disappointed.How should I have played postflop? I put LP to JJ-KK, maybe even TT. BB somekind of draw on flop, which he probably made on turn. I believe MP had medium pair.I probably would have folded the turn without heart, but as I now had 10 outs against a set instead of two I decided to see the river. As I put LP to set, I folded the river because it might get capped.

Pre-flop is debatable. I usually just go ahead and raise here. I don't think I mind the limp, but I think I am being affected by later action.Flop: I bet out too. I don't see what check-raising would accomplish.Turn: It sure looks like BB hit his flush, but the pot definitely justfies calling several bets to draw to 9 outs.River:I think this is the most interesting part of the hand, and I'd like to hear what others say. My first thought was to fold, but then I pulled out my trusty SSHE: "So when the pot is large, there are players behind you, and you have a mediocre hand, but there is a decent chance you can beat the bettor, you should consider raising instead of calling."So what are our chances of beating the bettor? Any reads on BB? I think if the pot is small this is an easy laydown. But with the size of the pot, I think we call (maybe raise?) and dump it if it gets raised behind us. I think I'd be willing to forfeit one more BB to try to take down this large pot.

River:I think this is the most interesting part of the hand, and I'd like to hear what others say. My first thought was to fold, but then I pulled out my trusty SSHE: "So when the pot is large, there are players behind you, and you have a mediocre hand, but there is a decent chance you can beat the bettor, you should consider raising instead of calling."So what are our chances of beating the bettor? Any reads on BB? I think if the pot is small this is an easy laydown. But with the size of the pot, I think we call (maybe raise?) and dump it if it gets raised behind us. I think I'd be willing to forfeit one more BB to try to take down this large pot.
Yep, the size of the pot made the river hard. No good reads on BB, I might beat him, but I was quite sure LP had tens or jacks full. Now thinking, I should have called, as I would have to be right like every 25th time I make this call. I was only thinking that if I call I probably have to call 3 bets, didn't even think of call-fold.
my guess is, the table usually had raises and not 4 to the flop.He was going for the LRR on an aggressive table, I think. (hope)
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMI seem to remember you limping with aces in the first hand of a NL SNG, counting on a raise. You got what you wanted.........how'd that work out for you? :club: preflop.....raise and it's not even close. If the table has been activly raising PF, you should expect a re-raise.nice fold
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMI seem to remember you limping with aces in the first hand of a NL SNG, counting on a raise. You got what you wanted.........how'd that work out for you? :club: preflop.....raise and it's not even close. If the table has been activly raising PF, you should expect a re-raise.nice fold
refresh my memory?I got a raise...oh..ok..yeah... well sure..bad luck happens... my EV was higher becaise I limp /re-raised..if you want to be Results oriented. I was a hiuge favorite.And LRR is a fine play in LHE with AA in EP and aggressive tableSorry you can't see that.I don't do it in LHE, yet, but it's good.
refresh my memory?I got a raise...oh..ok..yeah... well sure..bad luck happens... my EV was higher becaise I limp /re-raised..if you want to be Results oriented. I was a hiuge favorite.And LRR is a fine play in LHE with AA in EP and aggressive tableSorry you can't see that.I don't do it in LHE, yet, but it's good.
Ya, you got scrogged on that hand, and it was a tourney, and it was NL, and......anyway, It was a miserable attempt at humor. Guess I should have put a smilie after my comment.No reason to LRR on an aggressive table. UTG raises and expects a RR from an aggressive player. This hand may play out differently if it's played straight forward, it may not.
Ya, you got scrogged on that hand, and it was a tourney, and it was NL, and......anyway, It was a miserable attempt at humor. Guess I should have put a smilie after my comment.
you had a smile.I"m just bitter.:club:
No reason to LRR on an aggressive table. UTG raises and expects a RR from an aggressive player. This hand may play out differently if it's played straight forward, it may not.
you get more money in pot with a LRR on Aggressive tables..with higher EV.It's true.Takes Smash's word, if not mine.Or don't.I dont' care.(this is for SH at least..and no reason to think not for Full..if table is not playing all to the flop poker. Perhaps Smash will correct me. Again, I don't do it..but I think it's a good play..alternative)
you get more money in pot with a LRR on Aggressive tables..with higher EV.It's true.Takes Smash's word, if not mine.Or don't.I dont' care.(this is for SH at least..and no reason to think not for Full..if table is not playing all to the flop poker. Perhaps Smash will correct me. Again, I don't do it..but I think it's a good play..alternative)
OK, in general, do you want a capped pot 5 handed with AA, or do you want a capped pot 2 handed with AA?obviously, 5 handed, but that rarely happens unless you are playing super micro limits and have some nutbarring going on. The value of AA holding up unimproved goes down in relation to how many players are in the hand. So, I want to narrow the field. BTW, I'm not trying to argue with you here. I'm just saying that at 1/2 full ring, I am raising from UTG with AA every single time.
OK, in general, do you want a capped pot 5 handed with AA, or do you want a capped pot 2 handed with AA?obviously, 5 handed, but that rarely happens unless you are playing super micro limits and have some nutbarring going on. The value of AA holding up unimproved goes down in relation to how many players are in the hand. So, I want to narrow the field. BTW, I'm not trying to argue with you here. I'm just saying that at 1/2 full ring, I am raising from UTG with AA every single time.
So are you saying you want it 5 Handed, or narrowed down??I raise evertime too, doesn't mean it's not best to not to sometimes

With AA, it doesn't matter whether you are heads up or against 9 others. You are always going to be making money on it in the long run. It is very hard to screw up with AA enough that you are a loser over the long run.It is usually a good idea to just raise, and hope someone 3-bets it, if you are at an aggressive table, so you can cap. However, if you know that if you raise UTG everyone will fold, it's not awful to try a LRR if someone is almost always going to raise. The problem is that you lose a ton of value if it just limps around.- Zach

So are you saying you want it 5 Handed, or narrowed down??
Exactly, I was thinking same thing when I read GWC's reply. Just because there is not much of a chance of a 5 way cap doesn't mean that all of a sudden you want to narrow the field or that "The value of AA holding up unimproved goes down in relation to how many players are in the hand." Multi-way for multi-bets is the best case scenario. The pots won % drops but the money won goes up faster than the showdown % goes down up to about 7-8 players.LRR is a viable option on certain tables. Tight Aggressive tables are the best candidates.

LRR in limit only if an EP raise almost always causes it to fold to the blinds and an EP limp is almost always raised. I don't pay close enough attention to the tables I'm at to try it. Mostly LRR with AA is an NL move where you're looking to win the pot PF.