Ok Fine Here We Go...

You are early in a tournament. Please do not comment on the play that takes us to the decision point.10 person tableQQ in middle position. 10- 20 blinds.UTG Raises to 100you calltwo seats behind you a DONK calls.Two hands earlier you watched this ...DONK Middle position 87 offButton QK offFlop A92 rainbow, DONK check, Button raise 150, DONK CallTurn, 3, DONK check, Button raise 300, DONK CallRiver 7, DONK bet 100 Button call.Followed by "I just knew the 7s were good from DONK.Back to our hand.Flop 3 5 3UTG bets out 350you look to your left and see DONK look down at his chips, touch the top of the chips and look at UTG guy.What next?

And I have to comment on the play up to the decision point. You have to raise with QQ a player already in and half a table behind you. With a call you are begging for a crappy A or KQ, KJ to play the hand and get out flopped.At the decision point I would be concerned about the donks tell, it certainly looks like hes willing, even anxious to play. However, with that flop he could be loving a lot of pairs 44-JJ, or it could be trips. I dont see him just calling with KK or AA preflop.I am willing to commit all my chips here, and I think the way to do that to maximize value may be to call and invite the donk to raise it himself, since he seems ready to play, and is looking at UTG deciding whether to call or raise.

You gotta raise those Queens, but look at the way UTG is betting pre+post flop.He can't wait to get his chips in the pot. Is he trying to buy 30 chips? If he doesn't have AA, then he is the most aggressive player of all time. He's put 1/5 of his stack in before you've barely seen the flop. He has AA or KK.You get out of the way and let him cripple the "donk" guy.And also remember, while donkeys might play X or Y, donkeys get good hands just as often as you do.Monty

Anyway....on the previous hand you describe...who's the donk?I think you're labelling the wrong guy, frankly.What you call DONK (without providing further evidence) I might be inclined to call "tricky"...without knowing more, yes, it looks like a donk play, but it could also be a case of him smelling weakness, being certain Button has nothing, and calling with the intent of making some kind of play at the pot on the river...he hit his 7 so his play became a value bet instead of a steal....Even his statement smells like a trap.Based on one hand I'm not ready to call anyone a donkey, but calling with K high to a guy who has called your two previous bets is a bit suspect, even with a bet that small.Now, back to your play...OK, you called QQ and you have your reasons and it's not as bad a play as some people think.The guy who raised UTG is betting, and he bets more than the pot...what do you think he has? AK, AA, KK...do you expand his range to JJ, TT? "Donk" seems to want to play...is he touching his chips to slow you down, or is it an "honest" tell?Frankly, I'd be more concerned about UTG...and if "donk" is itching to play it could mean 55 or A3 as well as a pocket pair below QQ...but Hell, if you called with QQ, maybe he called with KK.I have absolutely no problem folding this hand, though raising preflop would have definitely given you more information. A better play may be to call, and if "donk" raises and utg reraises I think you can safely fold....if donk raises and utg folds...I'd have to be there.