I Need To Bet/fold More

I have A :D 8 :) in the SBA 75/20/1 player limps UTG, folds to me, I raise, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop is 8 :D 9 :D 3 :club: I bet, BB folds, UTG raises, I call.Turn is 9 :) I think I've been trying to get to showdown too much lately.

It wouldn't be a mistake to check/fold here IMO. It also wouldn't be a mistake to call down once in awhile.
It wouild be a HUGE mistake to check/fold here. Why are you so keen on giving this player a 9? He is just as likely to have a weaker 8. Add small pps, 3x, straight draws, and flush draws to the mix, and you have a pretty big equity advantage here.Whatever you do, don't fold! I would rather check/raise/call-check/call, then anything that line contains a fold.
Whatever you do, don't fold! I would rather check/raise/call-check/call, then anything that line contains a fold.
so you don't like the bet/foldi called down, but didn't feel too good about itif i bet, i think he's raising 9x and very rarely raising draws
so you don't like the bet/foldi called down, but didn't feel too good about itif i bet, i think he's raising 9x and very rarely raising draws
He's 75/20/1. He probably doesn't play to logically.He will almost surely raise 8x here. He will probably raise smaller pairs too. People raise stopngos all the time because a lot of players use it as a way to get away from a hand cheaply. I wouldn't be surprised if your average LAG raises with air here, let alone a 75/20/1 type player.I don't see why you want to fold a perfectly good hand to some random donkey so badly. Even after he raises, I would think you have somewhere around 50% equity in this pot.
I'm definitely calling down, this is just as easily an 8 or 3 very often. When the 9 comes on the turn, that makes it an even easier calldown given it's now even less likely he has the 9.
Jay,what do you think about check/raising the turn?
i'm results oriented obviously. random donkey = A9.
Tim youre turning this into the 2+2 boards if you start preaching a fold here. That place is a rock garden man.
Tim youre turning this into the 2+2 boards if you start preaching a fold here. That place is a rock garden man.
i'm not advocating a fold. it's just knowing the results biased my initial judgement.

I usually check/call down in spots like these for the following reasons:-You can get people to bet hands they'd usually throw away.-You pay the minimum when your beat.Specifically, I'll do this against over aggressive players, but it also works when a player does'nt think about what he's doing. For example, he may bet A high on the turn and river hoping you'll fold, since your playing like u just have overs.You may also gain value from a thinking player. He may bluff on the turn and check behind on the river, and showdown a hand he would never have called with in the first place.Hope that helps.