Amarillo Slim Division

Well, Alf's Room is the first to faulter out of the 3 way tie leaving Checky and Friends tied with Zimmer, with Zimmer holding an edge in the tiebreakers. Way to go PoppinFresh, you represented well. The stretch run now begins with 3 of 6 games vs. Division opponents. Next week is a virtual must win for Alf against Checky.
Had a family emergency (my grandfather died) and had to attend the funeral. He was the guy that taught me how to play 7 card stud properly. Kinda like a poker mentor. I helped him with limit holdem. He was like a friend, more than a grandfather.I WILL take the helm the rest of the way for the most part.Next week is an important game for my team. There are 7 games left..half way point reached.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a family emergency (my grandfather died) and had to attend the funeral. He was the guy that taught me how to play 7 card stud properly. Kinda like a poker mentor. I helped him with limit holdem. He was like a friend, more than a grandfather.I WILL take the helm the rest of the way for the most part.Next week is an important game for my team. There are 7 games left..half way point reached.
Damn, sorry about your grandfather man.And yeah, my bad, there are 7 games left.
i'm very sorry about your grandfather, alf. and good luck in our big match next week!
Thanks guys.Our match should be a good one.I am looking forward to it.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I kept the pace in Week 10 beating Oh You Call I Call, so let's see if Alf and Checky can keep up in the late matches.Yangsters takes a tough loss in Week 10 and faces a must win situation in Week 11 being 2 down with 5 to go.

Well, I kept the pace in Week 10 beating Oh You Call I Call, so let's see if Alf and Checky can keep up in the late matches.Yangsters takes a tough loss in Week 10 and faces a must win situation in Week 11 being 2 down with 5 to go.
Well...you got first again.Had a tough match with Lindros88...took a bad draw out early to cripple me...although I should have been smart enough to just dump my hand on the river.5 games left....
Well...you got first again.Had a tough match with Lindros88...took a bad draw out early to cripple me...although I should have been smart enough to just dump my hand on the river.5 games left....
Well, I still need Checky to lose to take sole possession. Lindros is a very tough player, lost to him earlier in the year. Probably still gonna come down to that Week 15 showdown.
Well, I still need Checky to lose to take sole possession. Lindros is a very tough player, lost to him earlier in the year. Probably still gonna come down to that Week 15 showdown.
It sure looks that way.As for lindros...yeah, he is a very good player. He brought out the prevent defense after that one hand.But..hey..I went with my read and I was wrong. Sure is better than just folding out of fear.One friggin card can change a match between two good players.Needless to say I want a rematch. :club:
It sure looks that way.As for lindros...yeah, he is a very good player. He brought out the prevent defense after that one hand.But..hey..I went with my read and I was wrong. Sure is better than just folding out of fear.One friggin card can change a match between two good players.Needless to say I want a rematch. :club:
I look forward to playing you again in the playoffs Alf.
All right, now it's mine to choke away here. 1 game edge with 5 left sounds pretty big though.
Trust me, it's not that big an edge. I had a 2-game lead and it goes away REAL quick.
I know, but I'd much rather have a 1 game lead than a 1 game deficit.
...and I'd rather bang Kathy Ireland than Kathy Liebert. Duh!!Okay, I'm going back to my division...I'll stop the cross-division invasion since I'm just talking out of my arse.
A ONE game lead is big?
I guess it's just that this division has been so tight all year that to even have the outright lead feels huge. I know it's still very tight, and I have to keep winning.

Week 11, Amarillo Slim division goes 3-1.Alf and I both win, while Checky drops to 2 back in a tie with Yangsters.I like my division lead, looking forward to Week 13 showdown against Checky on Monday night.

Week 11, Amarillo Slim division goes 3-1.Alf and I both win, while Checky drops to 2 back in a tie with Yangsters.I like my division lead, looking forward to Week 13 showdown against Checky on Monday night.
yeah man, i've just been getting absolutely demolished by the deck the last couple weeks. i don't think i've ever lost with 2p+ or had to fold top pair HU as much as i've done in the last 2 weeks. i sure hope steve can make a run at things for us while i'm gone for a month, because i can't win a big hand to save my life. gonna be a tough run for us from here on out.
yeah man, i've just been getting absolutely demolished by the deck the last couple weeks. i don't think i've ever lost with 2p+ or had to fold top pair HU as much as i've done in the last 2 weeks. i sure hope steve can make a run at things for us while i'm gone for a month, because i can't win a big hand to save my life. gonna be a tough run for us from here on out.
Yeah, I watched your match today, some of those hands were just sick. You've still got a shot at the division though, especially with intradivision matches coming up.
I'm playing for the month of July. I have no idea where my team stands, but I don't plan on losing any of my matches.
Your team is 5-6, 2 games back in the division. Basically you need to win out from here, and seeing as how I play you in 2 weeks and have already beaten you, good luck to you :club:

Well, I'm gonna have to screw up royally to lose this one. 2 games up with 3 to play, looking forward to next week's Monday night matchup with Checky and Friends.

Well, I'm gonna have to screw up royally to lose this one. 2 games up with 3 to play, looking forward to next week's Monday night matchup with Checky and Friends.
steve is playing that one for sure. i cannot win coin flips, i cannot win with aces, 2p, whatever. i had czario down to 3-500 for like 15 minutes and he won 3 all in coin flips to crawl back and then i crapped out at the 75/150 crapshoot.i also hate puppies, kittens, and ice cream.
Well, it is out of my hands (My teammates are playing) for my team for the next two weeks.But I will be there for you in week 15.Just don't lose a game and have my teammates go 2-0.That would be bad. :club:

Announcements