The Big Game #2.......

A buddy of mine is a broker in Cleveland and called me with an interesting story. Apparently he does work with Maverick Carter, a prominent member of LeBron James' entourage. Maverick invited him up to LeBron's apartment (yes apartment) to hang out this past weekend. When my friend walked in he saw Damon Jones, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, LeBron James, and a few other NBA players that he did not recognize off hand in the middle of a card game. Maverick introduced my buddy to the crowd, to which Damon Jones responded "I don't give a f*ck who he is unless he's sitting at the boure (pronounced boo-ray) table." My friend, recovering from a gambling problem that saw him lose $50,000 one year to online blackjack, decided to just watch.The rules of boure for those who don't know are as follows: 1. All players ante $1000 each. 2. All players are dealt 5 cards each, with the dealer's last card being turned face up as trump. 3. Starting on your left, each player has declare "play or fold". If you choose to play, you can draw up to four new cards. 4. After all players have declared "pass or play", the first hand starts with the player to the left of the dealer leading. Highest card of trump wins each trick, and if no trump is played, highest card of that suit wins. 5. The player taking most tricks wins the pot. 6. If two players tie for the most tricks taken, nobody wins, and the pot remains for the next hand. 7. If a player who stayed in takes no tricks, that player must match the pot. (Thus a pot can go 3x, 4x, etc). 8. If there is still a pot at the conclusion of the hand, all players re-ante for another $1000 and play again until one player takes the most tricks and no other player gets blanked. My buddy said that he routinely saw guys stay in and actually draw 4 cards, so you can tell they love to gamble. He said most pots were in the 10's of thousands, with some getting close to $100,000. He didn't give me any reports on wins or losses, but did say it was one hell of a game to watch.

Fun game. We play it occasionally in our weekly dealer's choice game, of course not for those stakes. It's basically played like a small spades game but the trump suit changes and the deal also rotates due to the huge dealer advantage

Pretty much the word I got from my buddy too. Said he was the most arrogant guy he has ever met.
last year when he was hitting like 44% of his threes or something like that he called himself "the best shooter in the game" and was dead serious too.
last year when he was hitting like 44% of his threes or something like that he called himself "the best shooter in the game" and was dead serious too.
Not to mention how he showboats with a stupid dance after every shot he makes.

I like Damon Jones.. Talkes like Gary Payton and a nice 3 shot. Definately arrogant, but without that talking he wouldn't get the money he's getting. Not as good of a shooter as Steve Kerr back in the day, but I bet he makes a lot more comparatively.I'm sure being best friends w/ Shaq in Mia and now apparently friends w/ LeBron in Cle doesn't hurt.

I like Damon Jones.. Talkes like Gary Payton and a nice 3 shot. Definately arrogant, but without that talking he wouldn't get the money he's getting. Not as good of a shooter as Steve Kerr back in the day, but I bet he makes a lot more comparatively.I'm sure being best friends w/ Shaq in Mia and now apparently friends w/ LeBron in Cle doesn't hurt.
Talks trash like Payton and plays defense like Steve Nash