Does everybody (that is, everybody who can be considered a good poker player) always play just the odds and position?
You're forgetting some other variables like Playing the man, and playing a situation.
I have a question that came to me after seeing somebody in another thread get all kinds of flamed for calling with 10c 4c because it was his lucky number.Does everybody (that is, everybody who can be considered a good poker player) always play just the odds and position? I mean, I'm pretty much a poker newb and I saw a post here the other week which had somebody asking if pushing with a certain hand (I forget which) in a certain position (I forget which) would be 'out of line'.Surely if you have a hand you like the looks of, a hand that can make you money, position and the odds can be put to one side?Anyway, thoughts welcome. I hope this made some sense.
I think the guy more or less got flamed because he limped with T/4s and THEN called a raise under the pretense of a lucky number or some crap like that. What it amounted to was the guy likes to limp with any two suited cards from any position and that's what shithead losers do.