Bodog 2/4 NLHE (6-handed)Cobalt $400SB $848Cobalt is CO w/ 6 :club: 5 :D. Villain loves to min-raise. Earlier, he did it with TPTK.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt raises to $12, 1 fold, SB calls, BB callsFlop ($36): 3 :) 2 :D 5 :D (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Cobalt bets $20, SB min-raises to $40, 1 fold, Cobalt re-raises to $74, SB min-re-raises to $108, Cobalt calls $54Turn ($332): 9 :) (2 players)SB checks, Cobalt checksRiver ($332): 5 :) (2 players)SB bets $30, Cobalt callsFinal Pot: $392This one kind of got away from me...so chide away. (I didn't think he'd give me credit for hitting this flop...and I'm trying to get him to fold a low overpair or better 5 or pay to draw with a 4.)

well, it's a gamble. I'm not sure how you got a free card on the turn, but I'll take it.I've actually been working with a similar style as of late, and it has worked well. If you think he's weak then the flop is fine.I guess you can't raise the river, even maniacs can outkick you.

May we assume villain is very aggressive?
Decently aggressive.The big hand he won off me earlier, I had KK in MP and he'd called in LP. The board came 44J. I bet a good amount. He called. The turn was an 8. I bet another good amount, he min-raised that. For some reason, I just called, and he won on the river with AJ.And yeah, I realized that I effed this one up...that's a big reason I posted it.

These are the toughest hands to play IMO when you're playing LAG because so many people try to outguess you if they get real tired of you. Villain can easily be C/Ring with air here, 6, 4, A. So your reraise tells him, "Nope" I really got a hand. You have to call his reraise tho as you can't fold to that min raise w/ a chance to improve. I don't like calling the first min raise because we can expect a lead on the turn w/o having a real strong idea of where we're at. Like I said, in a six handed game, this is air a decent amount of the time. I don't know.... I don't see a whole lot wrong with it. It's just one of those hands that, as you said, "Get away from you" when you're playing an aggressive SH game.

bet turn.as played, consider raising river for value unless you somehow had a very strong read which it doesn't seem like you do.Actually he might have A/5 or the like. WHo knows? that is an absurd bet into that pot, not sure what it means at those levels.

That gay river bet could mean that he flopped the straight and he wants you to raise at the sign of his weakness. Or he could have 77 and be hoping that you'll make a scared call and he'll see a cheap showdown. Even a huge donk wouldn't check that turn with a set, but he could, could, do it with 77 or JJ. I like your river call because he may be some idiot trying to make you think he's weak after flopping a straight or filling up on the river with that undersized bet.

This was primarily a "Can I raise this river?" post. He actually had about what I thought he had...an overpair to the board. Interestingly, it was QQ. I was pissed that I got suckered by his tiny blocker bet into not making a river raise.

This was primarily a "Can I raise this river?" post. He actually had about what I thought he had...an overpair to the board. Interestingly, it was QQ. I was pissed that I got suckered by his tiny blocker bet into not making a river raise.
I don't know... As played, it's a blocking bet in that he realized that you if you had a hand like A5, you will probably bet if he checked it. But it can just as easily be a better 5 that thinks he won't get paid off by an overpair. or a flopped set that thinks the 5 will freeze an overpair.
I raise the river here especially with your read