When The Poker Gods Hate You

I suppose this could go in the bad-beat forum, too.I seem to be on a bad beat roll. I suppose everyone hits that occasionally, but it's really starting to suck. Here are a few examples:All-in AK vs AJ. Jack hits (I'm gone)All-in AKs vs AQ. Queen hits (I'm gone)All-in A7s with a flop of 577 (with flush draw) vs Q7. I hit my flush, then Q hits (I'm gone)AQs vs 10-10 on flop of 4Q5 (back door flush draw), he puts me all-in, I call, 10 on turn (I'm gone)That's the way some of my last few 5-table tourneys have ended (on Party). I'm starting to believe I'm cursed. I win coin flips 50% of the time, but if I'm a 4 to 1 or 9 to 1 favorite, it seems like I've got about a 20% chance of winning the hand. :club: I win when others fold.I'm mostly joking, but it really is starting to take an emotional toll on me, and I'm wondering if all of these bad-beats are affecting my game as well, as I've generally done very poorly this last week. It seems like I'm not getting MY 10% or 20% bad-beats on others, and they're always hitting theirs.Any tips for playing through losing streaks without completely losing your confidence? Or just show up at the table and take advantage of my incredibly bad luck... :D

I suppose this could go in the bad-beat forum, too.I seem to be on a bad beat roll. I suppose everyone hits that occasionally, but it's really starting to suck. Here are a few examples:All-in AK vs AJ. Jack hits (I'm gone)All-in AKs vs AQ. Queen hits (I'm gone)All-in A7s with a flop of 577 (with flush draw) vs Q7. I hit my flush, then Q hits (I'm gone)AQs vs 10-10 on flop of 4Q5 (back door flush draw), he puts me all-in, I call, 10 on turn (I'm gone)That's the way some of my last few 5-table tourneys have ended (on Party). I'm starting to believe I'm cursed. I win coin flips 50% of the time, but if I'm a 4 to 1 or 9 to 1 favorite, it seems like I've got about a 20% chance of winning the hand. :club: I win when others fold.I'm mostly joking, but it really is starting to take an emotional toll on me, and I'm wondering if all of these bad-beats are affecting my game as well, as I've generally done very poorly this last week. It seems like I'm not getting MY 10% or 20% bad-beats on others, and they're always hitting theirs.Any tips for playing through losing streaks without completely losing your confidence? Or just show up at the table and take advantage of my incredibly bad luck... :D
Not gonna lie.. I was there about a month ago... and there is nothing you can do about it... if you dont feel like you can take it anymore you need to take some time off and reevaluate the game you play... as much skill as you can have there is still A LOT of luck involved...and when you start running bad it affects not only your confidence, but your play suffers as well... you should be only concerned that you got it in with the best of it and whatever happens after that there is nothing you can do... Beats is a fact of life...believe it... and take what you know and keep playing through it... you dont remember all the times your good cards hold up... playing online poker is not for the faint of heart... so relax and realize that if you keep getting the worst of it... youll eventually get the the best of it... and go on a run like partypsux....
All-in A7s with a flop of 577 (with flush draw) vs Q7. I hit my flush, then Q hits (I'm gone)
LIAR!!!

Yep, that doesn't make any sense, No flush draw possible on the flop and he would have had to hit his flush on the river with the queen.just sayin:)drumBUM

LIAR!!!
LOL! You're right. I had a back door flush draw. The turn card was a spade, which gave me the flush draw. I misremembered that, apparently. Anyway, I hit my flush, but he hit is full house.
if you dont want to get knocked out, stop going all-in.
Hmmm... Neat idea. :club: Actually, in one of those cases, AK against AJ, I raised 4X BB, and then AJ put me all-in. I could have folded, and indeed, I considered it. The correct play in the case may have actually been to move-in, so that he would have folded his AJ. But, I still somehow doubt that he would have.