Short Stack With Ante

I know that you are consider short stacked when you have less than 10 to 20 (depending on who you ask) big blinds in your stack. However when ante come into play how do you figure that into you short stack formula.'I have a short stack strategy but one tournament i play in, the ante comes into play in the later part of the tournament like in poker stars. I feel my short strategy isnt as strong as in another tournament I play in that has no ante in it.Thanks

You should be thinking of your stack in terms of M. In earlier stages it's...stack / (BB + SB)When the antes come into play...stack / (BB + SB + (players at table) * ante)Once the table becomes short-handed...(stack / (BB + SB + players * ante)) * percent of full table

I think I have figured it out. lets see what input I get.some people say 10X the big blind is when you are short stacked.other people say 20x the big blind.I think the 10x is without ante and 20x is with.I have a good short stack strategy with out ante but I know I need more chips when the ante hits. and trying to determine where exactly is beingshort stacked on a ante situation.

According to Harrington, your M needs to be above 30 to be a fully functioning player. That's not to say that you're short-stacked below that. I usually start feeling middle-stacked between 15-30. Below that, you're getting decently short-stacked.