New Table, Mjunell Style

nice table, but if you put all that time into it take the time to fix the rail! get those wrinkles out of there.

nice table, but if you put all that time into it take the time to fix the rail! get those wrinkles out of there.
:)Yeah, I know. This was our first one, and we made quite a few mistakes. The most noticeable ones are on the rail.First, I used two seperate pieces of foam, because I could not find a full sheet locally, and I wanted to do it RIGHT THEN. I have no patience.Which led to the second mistake, of doing a REALLY sloppy job cutting the foam, thinking it wouldn't matter.And the final mistake was in how we did the vinyl. We thought "good enough", and our poker group agrees, but I hate it, hate it, hate it.However, plans for the next table are already rolling. Once that is done, we have ANOTHER table request lined up. Once THAT is done, I'm going to redo the rail and the center piece on this table, and replace the legs (currently folding legs scrounged from a cheap table, to make this one portable).As for other pics, any wider view, and you'll just see the unfinished bottom of the table (only put a single coat of poly on the bottom, to give it a little moisture protection), and the cheapy legs.Someone asked about the chips, those are $100 and $500 Nevada Jack chips, and are my tourney set. I have the new $1000 and $5000 chips that JUST got made, that should be here this week, so we won't have to sub $1 and $5 for those denominations (yay) as well as the new gray quarters, so my cash set will be complete as well.I'm VERY happy with my NJ's.

If you're making a high end table, it might be worth it to take it to a professional upholsterer.It's cheating, I know, but I pay $120 to have the rail done, and it comes out as professional as it can possibly get.

If you're making a high end table, it might be worth it to take it to a professional upholsterer.It's cheating, I know, but I pay $120 to have the rail done, and it comes out as professional as it can possibly get.
I found a REALLY good guide to rails on the pcpotato forum, so I have no doubt the next one will be perfect.I just need to decide on colors.A few additional pics that show off the flaws (crappy legs, crappy rail)final_four.jpgfinal_four_b.jpg
that looks nice and . . . . depressing . . . I'm gonna go jump off a building.
it was the final four of 14, it was late, and we were tired, if that's what you mean :)if we look bad there, you should have seen us about 4 hours later when the post tournament cash game was winding down, and we were straddling, double straddling, triple straddling, and yes, even the legendary quad straddle was brought out.we were pretty delerious. good times.