Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with 7 :D, 7 :). CO posts a blind of $3. UTG raises, MP calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, 2 folds.Flop: (8.33 SB) J :club:, 9 :), 9 :D(3 players)UTG bets, MP calls, Hero calls.Turn: (5.66 BB) 6 :D(3 players)UTG bets, MP raises, Hero folds, my plan was to raise any safe turn card (any deuce through 5 and maybe any 8). some of you probably like a 3-bet preflop. i'll three-bet if i can isolate, but i just call if there is a cold caller (or post caller in this case) between the raiser and me.

I play it the same.***read replies***Why fold the flop?
Because you don't have the odds to draw to a full house and calling is donking off chips?What happens when a 3 rolls off on the turn and its bet/call to you? You wouldn't be getting odds that differently, so we would have to call there too. And at that point we are calling a river bet too.The reverse implied odds are bad. Don't make a habit of calling down hands with underpairs on straight flush paired boards.
What happens when a 3 rolls off on the turn and its bet/call to you? You wouldn't be getting odds that differently, so we would have to call there too. And at that point we are calling a river bet too.
if a 3 comes on the turn, i would raise planning to put no more bets in
if a 3 comes on the turn, i would raise planning to put no more bets in
Why?Why can't you fold this flop?Its bet/call to you on a paired board with a straight flush draw in a raised pot and you have an underpair.Hoping to hit the sucker end of your backdoor gutshot straight draw?
Why?Why can't you fold this flop?Its bet/call to you on a paired board with a straight flush draw in a raised pot and you have an underpair.Hoping to hit the sucker end of your backdoor gutshot straight draw?
I dont understand why it is impossible for our 7's to be good here. Maybe im a sucker, I dont know. But, if your going to check/fold most flops with 7's, why call the raise PF to begin with?

i don't think there's anything wrong with folding the flop.but the pot is pretty large, and all MP did was fire a continuation bet, while the other guy just called the flop. i think our hand is currently ahead more than 50% of the time. we're also in position, which makes it much easier to play.granted, our hand is vulnerable, but we can think of it as a strong draw. and non-diamond deuce through 5 that comes of on the turn is very good for us. that gives us 12 "outs." low diamonds might also be OK. and i can fold easily if a bad card comes off on the turn.sure we can be beat on the river, but we can also get a lot of bets in on the turn when we are likely to be ahead.

I dont understand why it is impossible for our 7's to be good here. Maybe im a sucker, I dont know. But, if your going to check/fold most flops with 7's, why call the raise PF to begin with?
I'm not going to c/f most flops with 7's. I'm just not going to call all of them.

Yeah, I'm still confused about the pre flop play. You wouldn't call this in a full ring game, because you wouldn't have the odds to spike a set. You're putting in a third of the money here with 7-1 odds of spiking. If you're just calling here, it's also fairly obvious as to what hand range you're in, no? I'm thinking fold, to an UTG raiser, or re raise. Calling sucks here in my mind.But please drop some knowledge on me, I'm trying to get better at short handed, and I know for sure that I have a few leaks.

i cold call preflop in similar full ring situation
I don't see how this is a winning play over time.....you're putting in two bets with a hand that is at best even money heads up against overcards, or a 4-1 dog. It's even weaker in multi way action,and you don't have the pot odds to call, and your implied odds can't be that good.....or can they?But, if you're going to dump the hand if it doesn't hit a set, or on any scary board, what's the point of cold calling?
I don't see how this is a winning play over time.....you're putting in two bets with a hand that is at best even money heads up against overcards, or a 4-1 dog. It's even weaker in multi way action,and you don't have the pot odds to call, and your implied odds can't be that good.....or can they?But, if you're going to dump the hand if it doesn't hit a set, or on any scary board, what's the point of cold calling?
i can make up a lot of bets on ideal boards (e.g. flopping a set with no draws) and i'm not playing for a set alone. i will raise when i have an overpair, and there are some other boards that i will still play.