To all Hip Hop/Poker fans, I think I may have heard hip hop history today. While listening to the new Dilated Peoples album, "20/20", the song Rapid Transit referenced Phil Ivey. I think this is the 1st time in rap history a poker star was used in a rhyme. The line was:"But still lively, poker face playing my cards like Phil Ivey"This is sign of how mainstream poker has become. If anyone else knows of any songs with poker player references, I'd love to hear them.

To all Hip Hop/Poker fans, I think I may have heard hip hop history today. While listening to the new Dilated Peoples album, "20/20", the song Rapid Transit referenced Phil Ivey. I think this is the 1st time in rap history a poker star was used in a rhyme. The line was:"But still lively, poker face playing my cards like Phil Ivey"This is sign of how mainstream poker has become. If anyone else knows of any songs with poker player references, I'd love to hear them.
Who's Phil Ivey?

I've definitely heard poker references in rap before, but not any names of actual players. I actually just recently heard a poker reference, but I forget which song. I think it might've been Young Jeezy...I'll get back to you.

I haven’t heard any Dilated Peoples since listening to "Worse Comes to Worse (My People Should Come First)" back in the day. This new songs pretty cool. However I believe that Tupac beat them to the poker reference with this eerie prophesy when delivering the ultimate insult to Biggie in the track "Hit 'em Up".Verse 5You’s a, B writer, a Pac-style taker I'll tell you to ya face you aint s**t but a faker Hip Hop’s version of C. MoneymakerSoften the Alize with a chaser Idi Amin approach the scene Of the caper, like a loc, with Little Ceaser in a choke hold Totin smoke, we aint no mutha****in joke Thug Life, niggaz betta be knowin, we approchin in the wide open, guns smokin no need for hopin its a battle lost, I got across Soon as the funk was poppin off Nigga I hit em up

I haven’t heard any Dilated Peoples since listening to "Worse Comes to Worse (My People Should Come First)" back in the day. This new songs pretty cool. However I believe that Tupac beat them to the poker reference with this eerie prophesy when delivering the ultimate insult to Biggie in the track "Hit 'em Up".Verse 5You’s a, B writer, a Pac-style taker I'll tell you to ya face you aint s**t but a faker Hip Hop’s version of C. MoneymakerSoften the Alize with a chaser Idi Amin approach the scene Of the caper, like a loc, with Little Ceaser in a choke hold Totin smoke, we aint no mutha****in joke Thug Life, niggaz betta be knowin, we approchin in the wide open, guns smokin no need for hopin its a battle lost, I got across Soon as the funk was poppin off Nigga I hit em up
haha never heard that but I like it..
well, its unlikely this is any type of reference to Chris Moneymaker. Pac died in 1996, 8 years before Moneymaker was ever known in the poker world, nevertheless won the World Series. This reference has nothing to do with poker. Do you fell stupid now?
It was a joke that line was cleverly put in by vic himself. That line wasn't in Hit em up.
well, its unlikely this is any type of reference to Chris Moneymaker. Pac died in 1996, 8 years before Moneymaker was ever known in the poker world, nevertheless won the World Series. This reference has nothing to do with poker. Do you fell stupid now?
I really (really!) don't think that it's me that should be feeling stupid. Haha.Thanks for the back-up Stallion714
I really (really!) don't think that it's me that should be feeling stupid. Haha.Thanks for the back-up Stallion714
No sweat. It fits in there so well though. I actually had to blow the dust off the cd find out for sure.
2Pac isn't dead. The guy comes out with a new album every other month. Previously unreleased archives. Yeah right.