Scientology

Seventy-five million years ago, Xenu was the ruler of a Galactic Confederacy which consisted of 26 stars and 76 planets including Earth, which was then known as Teegeeack. The planets were overpopulated, each having on average 178 billion people. The Galactic Confederacy's civilization was comparable to our own, with people "walking around in clothes which looked very remarkably like the clothes they wear this very minute" and using cars, trains and boats looking exactly the same as those "circa 1950, 1960" on Earth.[...etc etc..]
Is this real? I knew it was an odd cult, but how do you sell this story to *anyone*?
Is this real? I knew it was an odd cult, but how do you sell this story to *anyone*?
you don't until they've given you their life savings and devoted themselves fully to you. This isn't exactly "first day" material.
Because people are stupid and will believe anything that a lot of other people believe. The real question is how this got going in the first place. But once there were several believers, then the rest just fell in line. It's natural for humans to desire to be a part of a group, no matter how incredibly stupid, moronic, idiotic, dim witted, slow minded, mentally challenged, give me a large headache whenever I even think about it dumb it may be.I'm not going to list the things that tons of people believe in, from ghosts to staged moon landings, but I'm sure you get the idea.
I'm not going to list the things that tons of people believe in, from ghosts to staged moon landings, but I'm sure you get the idea.
yeah xenu, ghosts, staged moon landings, resurrection of jesus.. all the same :club:
you don't until they've given you their life savings and devoted themselves fully to you. This isn't exactly "first day" material.
It's the 3rd level, don't know how long a level usually lasts, but there are 8 of them - level 4 involves searching for clues to your past lives by watching crappy sci-fi movies - almost all of which are based on real-life events that happened to the writers in past lives - yes this includes the entire star trek series. One can not purchase the teachings of level 4 until level 3 has granted him or her psychic powers, if psychic powers are not obtained within a reasonable amount of time, level 3 must be repeated (at full price).It's really not THAT different from any other religion, just less subtle