Sysvr4's Playalong In Kk Minor

I hereby revert to Bet-the-pot format until such time as the board stops eating suit icons randomly.2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is CO with [Kd], [Ks]. 1 fold, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, BB caps, MP calls, Hero calls.Flop: (12.50 SB) [7h], [6d], [8d] (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP calls.Turn: (7.75 BB) [Qc] (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks...Discuss. But don't hate the player, playa.Reads:MP: 59/17/1.11 (only 30 hands tho)BB: 57/9/1 150 handsJeff

I don't get it.
Seconded.I really don't see how this is a close decision. Not betting does have some benefits, but I don't see any of them being close to matching the benefits of betting.

I'm going to go with everyone else here and say it's terrible.AK caps the flop too. QQ usually raises the flop. He probably has AK, or some weird random capping hand. Sure, his pf raise % is low for sh, but this guy obviously gives little thought to hand values.

BB raises 9% of his hands. He opened capped PF. Sure he played the flop weird, but the Q doesn't give anyone here pause at all?MP also called 3 cold back to him. Nothing?How are all of you reacting to a c/r here on the turn from each villain?Jeff

BB raises 9% of his hands. He opened capped PF. Sure he played the flop weird, but the Q doesn't give anyone here pause at all?MP also called 3 cold back to him. Nothing?How are all of you reacting to a c/r here on the turn from each villain?Jeff
BB's stats are weird. He doesn't play like you and me. He could look down and see something like QJs or 99 and decide to open-cap. The fact that he just called the flop means it's more likely he has overcards than an overpair. The Q falling means that you are more likely to be behind now than on the flop, but not by that much. MP called 2 cold back to him. :club: It's shorthanded, he's loose, so that doesn't really mean anything either. Anything he's raising with he's calling with when it get's 2 back to him. He's not really a concern.Furthermore, both players are relatively aggressive, yet they just called the flop. You are probalby ahead unless one of them flopped a set. If you get check/raised, call down. But there fear of getting check/raised should not dissuade you from missing out on all the value you give up by checking behind.Also, since QQ would likely raise this flop, the Q coming off is not bad for you at all. If you check behind when the Q comes off, you should check behind when a 2 comes off on the turn too. So basically, your flop bet was designed to take a free card on the turn because you fear a flopped set or AA. You should not be worried about getting to showdown cheaply here.In fact, you should be more inclined to bet the Q than a 2. That's because your opponents are more likely to have paired their overcards with the Q, and give you action now that it's come off. And you also don't want to give a 5 outter a free look at the river.
MP called 2 cold back to him. :club:
4 - 2 = 3, dammit! Er wait...Ok, so actually I agree with you guys on this one... I think the turn is a lot closer to a bet/fold than a bet/call tho, depending on who does the raising.I wanted to check if I was being results-oriented, and apparently I was. I failed to take into account that BB's flop play leaned much more towards him having AK than AA-QQ. Here is the full hand with results.Oh, and no need to say it. I already TP and M 23.50 :)Jeff2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is CO with [Kd], [Ks]. 1 fold, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, BB caps, MP calls, Hero calls.Flop: (12.50 SB) [7h], [6d], [8d] (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP calls.Turn: (7.75 BB) [Qc] (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.River: (7.75 BB) [8h] (3 players)BB bets, MP raises, Hero folds, BB calls.Final Pot: 11.75 BBResults in white below: BB has Qh Ah (two pair, queens and eights). MP has As Ad (two pair, aces and eights). Outcome: MP wins 11.75 BB.
4 - 2 = 3, dammit! Er wait...Ok, so actually I agree with you guys on this one... I think the turn is a lot closer to a bet/fold than a bet/call tho, depending on who does the raising.I wanted to check if I was being results-oriented, and apparently I was. I failed to take into account that BB's flop play leaned much more towards him having AK than AA-QQ. Here is the full hand with results.Oh, and no need to say it. I already TP and M 23.50 :)Jeff2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is CO with [Kd], [Ks]. 1 fold, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, BB caps, MP calls, Hero calls.Flop: (12.50 SB) [7h], [6d], [8d] (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP calls.Turn: (7.75 BB) [Qc] (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.River: (7.75 BB) [8h] (3 players)BB bets, MP raises, Hero folds, BB calls.Final Pot: 11.75 BBResults in white below: BB has Qh Ah (two pair, queens and eights). MP has As Ad (two pair, aces and eights). Outcome: MP wins 11.75 BB.
LOL at MP
only the biggest dork on the internet would name drop Rolf Slotboom.Congratulations KeithYOU WIN
I'm not name dropping him at all, there is a purpose behind the posting of the pic, I'm just not gonna outright say it