Anyone Continue With This Hand?

Seven Card Stud Hi/Low $0.50-$1 (real money)Table Mailand, 28 Feb 2006 7:39 AM ETSeat 1: aa ($14.90 in chips) 160 hands - VP$IP 50%, TAF 1.29, WentS% 45.15%, W$S% 60%Seat 4: Rocketwad0 ($20.05 in chips)Seat 5: na ($10.35 in chips) 25 hands - VP$IP 88%, TAF 1.5, WentS% 28%, W$S% 57.14%Seat 6: gu ($17.00 in chips) 120 hands - VP$IP 66.67%, TAF 1.5, WentS% 22.22, W$S% 50%Seat 7: me ($26.20 in chips) IrrelevantNot many hands played with these people, but its all I have to go on.ANTES/BLINDSEveryone anteesDEALSeat 1: aa [ xx,xx,9S] CallsSeat 4: Rocketwad0 [ QD,AS,5S] Brings-inSeat 5: na [ xx,xx,8S] CallsSeat 6: gu [ xx,xx,9D] CallsSeat 7: me [ xx,xx,10S ] Folds4THSeat 1: aa [ xx,xx,9S,5H] ChecksSeat 4: Rocketwad0 [ QD,AS,5S,2C] ChecksSeat 5: na [ xx,xx,8S,3C]ChecksSeat 6: gu [ xx,xx,9D,KC] ChecksThought about betting here. Anyone have comments on that?5THSeat 1: aa [ xx,xx,9S,5H,3H ] FoldsSeat 4: Rocketwad0 [ QD,AS,5S,2C,QS ] ??Seat 5: na [ xx,xx,8S,3C,AH ] BetsSeat 6: gu [ xx,xx,9D,KC,5C ] FoldsNothing pot, so I fold. Mistake? What if the AH had been a 2H for example?

I wouldn't fold here. You have a decent holding. It seems to me like the ace is a perfect card to steal a pot short handed. The logic being, short handed you can call on the deal with any ace and hope to make a hand later. Seeing as you made queens, I would raise here. My thoughts being that you have a decent holding with your queens and your holding one of the aces, so it's slightly less likely he really has aces.I see your thinking also, no need to get involved in "nothing" pots with marginal hands.Good luck.James

I would have bet 4th, but understand why you didn't. Fifth is an easy fold. There's nothing to speak of in the pot, so why fight over it? If he has a pair of aces, you're way behind for the high and possibly drawing thin for low. Your hand isn't bad, but why go to the mat when there's nothing in the middle? Wait for a better spot, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Fold every time. Sure, he might have four to an eight with a pair that's not aces. But he might have an eight made. Or a pair of aces. Either of those situations and you're either drawing very very slim or trying to hold on to half a tiny pot.Sides, he can still hit an ace on either of the next two streets.

Fold. Your looking for two perfect cards to even split the pot for the low. Your hand isn't good enough overall to try to chase down a pair of aces if he does have it, so no reason in playing.