Tinfoil Hat Vindication Baby!

With the recent spate of cheating scandals, the most prominent being JJProdigy and JustinZee, to claim "online poker is rigged" doesn't seem so silly anymore. Also proves that tourneys are for suckers (or cheaters). tinfoilhat.jpg

I'd be interested to hear what the strat. posters think the long term implications of this kind of 'scandal' are.Between multi-accounting, collusion, bots, and whatever the hell else, when do you think the dishonesty saturation point will be reached, causing enough suspicion that people just stop playing?Maybe that's giving people too much credit, but I for one, despite the fact that I play online 25 hours a week and make a fair bit of my income from it, will be one of the first out the door if I think the waters are tainted.Just curious.

I'd be interested to hear what the strat. posters think the long term implications of this kind of 'scandal' are.Between multi-accounting, collusion, bots, and whatever the hell else, when do you think the dishonesty saturation point will be reached, causing enough suspicion that people just stop playing?Maybe that's giving people too much credit, but I for one, despite the fact that I play online 25 hours a week and make a fair bit of my income from it, will be one of the first out the door if I think the waters are tainted.Just curious.
Why would you stop playing if you're making money?"I win at poker, but I'd stop if I thought I would still win and it was rigged"good luck.
Why would you stop playing if you're making money?"I win at poker, but I'd stop if I thought I would still win and it was rigged"good luck.
Actually the point is that I would stop if I thought I wouldn't still win because it was rigged. You know those sick 100BB downswings that happen every so often that just seem . . . unnatural?What if they turned into seemingly inexplicable 400BB downswings?At what point do you clean out your Neteller account and head for the B & M?

The difference that collusion would have is not huge.For instance, it would mean the difference between a 400 big bet downswing and perhaps a 390 big bet downswing.You cant use your results as an indication of whether or not there's foul play.I wouldnt want to play in games where a few instances of players colluding could push me from being a winner to a loser. It means that your win margin is already pretty small to begin with. In high stakes games, you wont have that luxery often. But players who do anything too obvious in those games are likely to get caught, considering how close people will be paying attention.