First post for me here and not sure how to transfer my online data to the forum (any help with this would be appreciated).Playing 1/2 NL. I am dealt KK in middle position and raise to $7. Only caller is a late position player that just sat down two hands ago. So no read on him.Flop comes AA8 rainbow. I do a continuation pot size bet ($15). He raises another $15 and I reraise it another $15 to see if he is serious or just trying to get information on me. He then shoves all-in for another $138. I go into the tank and lay it down.At first I was happy with the play but an hour later I saw him shove all in with top pair on a 3 suited flop when neither of his hold cards were that suit. He was busted out by someone who flopped a set. Now I know i go this information later but curious if I should of done something different. Did he really have an Ace? Would a check raise of cost me less to get the same information?
Very well played sir. Well done.I like the re-raise. It's better than calling then being faced with a $50+ bet on the turn. You found out for an extra $15 just where you stand.A+
i completly aggree with drawingdead about min raising everything that is stated here is pretty much right
The problem with drawingdead's logic is that TPTK, and two pair are never the nuts...
when a player see's :icon_suit_diamond: :icon_suit_diamond: :icon_suit_diamond: when he has A :icon_suit_club: A :icon_suit_spade: no matter if it is 10 players or 2 players, it will always make his black aces look bad. just remember that players play very differently when the board is suited
im not sure thats true...was playing 1/2 at foxwoods, had k5 of spades in late pos with a little over $600 in front of me, the only guy at the table with more than me made a raise to $20 preflop with aces, but everyone thought he was tilting so he got 3-4 callers, i ended up seeing the flop and it came all spades, i bet $40, he raises to $120,i reraise $200 more, and he pushes in without the ace of spades, and all of a sudden i have $1350 in front of me. dont overestimate people.
The problem with drawingdead's logic is that TPTK, and two pair are never the nuts...
Luckily I never said anything about overplaying TPTK and or two pair. I said his minraise ****ing blew.As a side note....Honestly? When some of you start realizing that the value from No Limit is derived almost exclusively from letting people pay you off when you have them crushed, and getting them to make -EV calls on their behalf, you'll be a lot better off. Minraising and these min-bets 'to get value' are worthless. Figure that out. Play power poker. Be aggressive. Don't forget to fire bullets 2 3 and 4. Some of you get so wrapped up in the dollar signs that you really cost yourselves money by overyplaying hands you should be playing soft, and playing hands softly that you should be playing hard.