I don't have much experience with the 1/2 online, but I've played a little on Party Poker, and the players aren't spectacular. At FullTilt, it seems like, while the tables aren't the best, they're quickly going downhill, and they're getting a lot more traffic at specifically the 1/2 level. Granted, I lost a bunch on the 1/2 tables at FullTilt, but that couldn't have been my fault... :wink: Sorry if that wasn't any actual help, but just an observation.

It's pretty hard to find a ripe 1/2 table online nowadays, as that's where most of the bonus whores play.I really don't have that great advice on this question either, just a general observation.Perhaps either go straight to 2/4 or double the amount of 0.5/1 tables?

At the moment I play 1/2 on Party and the tables are usually pretty soft. Table selection is pretty important as you will run into some tables that are full of rocks but most tables will have 2 or 3 bad to amazingly bad players that you can exploit.

Perhaps either go straight to 2/4 or double the amount of 0.5/1 tables?
Is it worth spending that much time at .50/1? The 2/4 tables are that much better than the 1/2 tables usually?
I have heard of people that have done both of the scenarios I described because they though all 1/2's were rockish and difficult.I have also heard of people that switch games until they get rolled for 2/4, through such games as PL O8 or NL SNG's. I think it's a matter of personal comfort and preference.I have played about 4.5k hands at 1/2 and about the same at 2/4, and it seems pretty equal in terms of the skill level of your opposition. I have heard some say that 2/4 is much easier than 1/2 - and I can believe that for obvious reasons - but I think that would be site dependant.

My problem I've found tonight is this:I built my roll playing the .50/1 6-max tables on Poker Stars. When I moved up to 1/2 I've noticed a huge differance in the intelligence of players, not for the best.So I took some time to play at the 2/4 tonight for educational purposes and I found the same dumb players I was use to at the .50/1 tables as I moved from table to table.So where can I find some dumb 1/2 games? Does anyone have any similiar experiences on Poker Stars 1/2 limit 6-max games? Or even anything to contradict my experience? Any input is appricated, thanks.