Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is BB with 3:spade:, 4:spade:. 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (3 SB) 8:spade:, J:spade:, 5:heart: (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB folds, Hero calls.Turn: (3.50 BB) 4:heart: (2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls.River: (5.50 BB) 9:heart: (2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero folds.Final Pot: 6.50 BBVery shaky on how i played this, no stats yet on villain.

If you have no reads, then yeah.If i didnt spike the pair, i'd almost want to fold the turn UI. It's only because he raised the flop that the pot would be big enough to justify seeing it to the river.With the right reads, the turn could be played any number of ways.

that was my line, to call/ fold turn ui. I cant put him on better than top pair here so I thought this was an easy turn call; i was trying to keep the pot small without any reads. side note: what is that program people use to make the graph that shows progress in terms of BBs? I've seen a few people post pictures of the graph in threads.

side note:  what is that program people use to make the graph that shows progress in terms of BBs?  I've seen a few people post pictures of the graph in threads.
It's PokerGrapher and you can get it all through the pokertracker website. You kinda have to look around, but if I remember correctly, you also need to install another program from the Micorsoft website. There's plenty of info on the site. It's all free too.

Why would you check the flop?You'll often take the pot down by betting. If the SB calls you, you're in good shape and can take a free turn or bet for FE depending on what you think is better.It's only when MP1 gets involved that checking is better and even then, not by much.

perhaps, it was when the mp1 is the preflop raiser that I'm getting mixed up with, in that case, c/c is more clearly the beter play.but...1. getting checked thru is fine.2. getting raised sux, BB folds SB folds a lot, and if not, our equity is often less than 35%I too make this lead a lot, and struggle with it.Say you get one caller, MP1You lead a non spade turn?

I'd probably check fold if it didnt improve me at all.The pot would be really, really tiny.If MP1 raised preflop, i would check and raise if the SB folds, and call if the SB calls (counterintuitive from an equity standpoint, but im not doing it for equity). I do it if i think that MP1 will fold ace high on the turn unimproved, or he's in any other way tight post flop.