calling with low pkts

Generally, someone who raises in early position will raise with a really solid hand because they're not afraid of getting reraised. So calling with small or medium pocket pair, you'll be either be a big underdog or even money. It's really up to you how you want to play it. I don't think there's anything wrong with calling. But if there's more than one person in the pot or you're afraid that there's going to be more callers you should throw your hand away.

Im sorry I might have left a few details out of my first post ,, what I mean by getting sufficient implied odds to call any raise (almost any raise ) is that maybe it is worth seeing a flop to see if you hit trips if not you can fold them,,,my question is if it is correct to call or should you just fold 2s -7s when there is a raise in front ?

Im sorry I might have left a few details out of my first post ,, what I mean by getting sufficient implied odds to call any raise (almost any raise ) is that maybe it is worth seeing a flop to see if you hit trips if not you can fold them,,,my question is if it is correct to call or should you just fold 2s -7s  when there is a raise in front ?
NL holdem is about position and knowing your opponents betting style. When you figure that out about your opponents that is when you start figuring out when and how to play small pp's.

From what I can gather you are primarily asking about implied odds. If that is case, then I believe you want more than just you and the initial raiser in the pot. You are looking for your set, and having more people in the flop means that there is ahigher percentage that at least one person will hit their top pair when you hit your set. In this scenario, if you feel like you have a read I would call the raise but immdiately fold to any reraises. Also, the situation depends as well. If it is a tourney, how big was the raise compared to your stack size? I like making this call early in a tourney when your stack is deep relative to the blinds... do not make this call late in a tourney if you are not an above average stack.

in NL holdem a lot of people say to fold 55 or 66 when there is an early position raise.,. isnt there inough implied odds in NL holdem to justify calling every raise w/ middle or small pkt pairs?
:D small pkt pairs are big moneymakers in NL
in NL holdem a lot of people say to fold 55 or 66 when there is an early position raise.,. isnt there inough implied odds in NL holdem to justify calling every raise w/ middle or small pkt pairs?
if you're just looking at implied odds then you want your stack and the raisers stack to be at least 10 times, preferrably a lot more, larger than the raise. so no to calling every raise.for example if you hold 55 on the cutoff at a 1/2 NL and an EP raiser with a stack of 75 raises to 10, fold those 5's

I play exclusively NL Holdem' online. I have been playing 20-25 hours per week for over 3 years now. Now, this comment is totally based on the records that I have kept over this time so no flaming please . . . I would rather play small pocket pairs than any other starting hand there is based from a monetary perspective. I will call any bet that is 4xbb or less from any position. My reason is simple. Most raises (especially from early position) are from top ten hands. If I hit trips on the flop I'm golden . . . if not . . . I fold to a bet. It's that simple. Small pocket pairs are very easy to get away from if you don't hit them on the flop. I obviously love to see Aces or Kings, etc. but I very rarely can get full value out of these type hands as opposed to small pp.Example: I have 33 . . . someone else has AK. The flop comes A 3 9. This hand has the potential to get them all-in with what they believe is the best hand. Most people have a very hard time laying down AK. Now this is obviously one of the best case scenarios but I have been paid off more with pp than anything else. So for me, I get excited to see small pp.

Like the poster above, I generally will play any small pocket pair to the flop, up to one raise (Obviously if pre-flop action goes something like raise-reraise-all-in-call-call, I have a good idea my deuces, for instance, are beat), for pretty much the same reasons as the above poster. People (Including myself) generally don't consider pocket pairs to be amongst possible holdings for whatever reason, which makes it easy to extract a lot of money from your hit set, or fold if you miss.