dn protege - gotta get it off my chest

Here's how I busted out of the tourney tonight. Let me know if I'm a donkey or not.Blinds 150/300, I have about 5,400 chips.I'm UTG and raise to 900 with AJo, guy to my left raises to 2k, I'm the only caller.Flop xQQ, I pushed all-in and am called.Let me know your thoughts and I'll post the results.

Here's how I busted out of the tourney tonight.  Let me know if I'm a donkey or not.Blinds 150/300, I have about 5,400 chips.I'm UTG and raise to 900 with AJo, guy to my left raises to 2k, I'm the only caller.Flop xQQ, I pushed all-in and am called.Let me know your thoughts and I'll post the results.
Any reads on the other player? What was his chip stack?
Here's how I busted out of the tourney tonight. Let me know if I'm a donkey or not.Blinds 150/300, I have about 5,400 chips.I'm UTG and raise to 900 with AJo, guy to my left raises to 2k, I'm the only caller.Flop xQQ, I pushed all-in and am called.Let me know your thoughts and I'll post the results.
Any reads on the other player? What was his chip stack?
The other player had 100 or chips thane me. The entire table was pretty tight. Not much of a read on that specific player.

I dont like the raise, the call of the reraise or the push. AJ is a trouble hand, especially OOP, fold.Then he reraises..what can he have that doesnt either dominate you or put you on the wrong side of a coin flip? Fold.Flop comes and you miss it totally. Pot is 4450 or so, and you give him better than 2.5 to one odds with your push. Even if he puts you on a pair he has a marginal call with AK, he crushes you with AA, KK, AQ or KQ and youre borderline if he has an underpair. Check and fold to a bet.

In hindsight, that's how I should of played it. He did make a boarderline call with 99 and I didn't improve. My thoughts were that it was getting late in the tournament and I wanted to have chips to compete with. Also, I didn't think he had AA, KK, or Qx. I thought that applying the pressure would make him fold, obviously I was wrong. Thanks for the analysis.

I don't mind the raise that much. It's a bad hand to have UTG, but given that it's a tight table, it's not too bad in my eyes.After he raises, you should lay this down. You raised UTG showing strength, he re-raises next to act with a full table still left to act. There's no reason to think you're not beat here. The fact that he has more chips than you makes this call worse.I don't like calling the raise, and your push on the flop doesn't make sense. If you hit the flop you'd want to get paid off, not push him out of the hand. If you had a big pair you probably would have pushed before the flop. I think in the other players eyes, this all-in doesn't add up and isn't enough to pressure him into folding. You're leaving yourself open to be called by a wide range of hands. I check fold here instead. Your check might make him think you are slow playing him, and allow a free card. I doubt it, but it's your only play. I'm checking this hand down the river, and folding to any bet. There's no reason to think you have the best hand or you can push him out of the hand.

I absolutely hate the push on the flop. Unless the board is double-suited, it screams "I dont have the queen!" More often than not, and depending on the villian, I will check. If he bets, I reraise allin (if I am relatively sure he doesn't have the Q).

I think if the table is tight that raising from UTG is not a bad idea, but there is no reason you should call this reraise PF (your just wasting chips) and then the push on the flop is terrible because if he likes his hand on this flop then there is very little that he would fold to that he would think you would hit here. Any real PP or AK that he is raising with PF is most likely calling here. You also have 1/2 your stack in PF and that gives him even more of a reason to call a push here. I like mixing up where I try and steal from in a tournament, especially when the blinds start to get high.

I think the best thing ive ever learned in playing tourament poker is to consider what you would be doing if you had the hand that you are trying to represent or that your opponent is representing. Lets go through the possibilities. If you raise with AK, AQ, AJ KQ and he reraises your probably gonna call. Same with 1010 99 88 77 66. If you have JJ QQ KK or AA. Your probably gonna push the rest of you stack in preflop. So he has probably elminated these hands.Assuming your not a total fool thats probably the extent of hands you would be playing in this situation. Now i agree with everyone else that the call with AJ after the reraise was probably a bad one. At best your 50/50 if your up against 99 or 1010 which is unlikely but in this case true. Now on this flop. If you had AQ are you really gonna push very unlikely. You wanna give him a chance to bluff or push with his pocket pair(same goes for KQ). So when you push the only hand that he can put you on that have him beat are 1010 maybe JJ. and there is a lot of hands you could have that he has you beat. Factor in pot odds and he is calling there pretty much every time.