2006 gold strike world poker open

I was following updates on cardplayer on the newset WPT event. The play started on schedule and I watched as some players catched early leads and some got hit early. All of a sudden it announced that Mike Matusow, Steve Zolotow, and Daniel Negreanu were knocked out! The update made it sound like it was two hours into the tournament and I was wondering what happened Daniel? What hand did you get knocked out on and who do you think has a good chance of going on a winiing the event? I saw that several noteable players are still in the fight, Farha, Hoyt, and Gavin Smith just to name a few. Sorry you got knocked out Daniel, where will your next tourney be? Best Regards,Andy

Yeah...I saw that too. Danny just ain't on the top of his game lately. Early exits from his first 3 tourneys of 2006...wtfc? He did say he was happy with his play in Australia, just got cold decked. Awaiting to see just what happened in Tunica...

Yea, I think Daniel's a little ashamed of his tourney play and that is why he is not writing a blog. He should take a serious look at his recent play and future goals as far as actually playing the game of poker.

I am not bandwagon jumping, I am just upset. Obviously DN is one of the most highly skilled players in the world and his past results show that. However, I don't feel like he has been getting the most out of his skills recently. He is playing more these days, so I expect to see him at a final table (or at least making the second day) in the near future.