matt vs royce

I was hoping this would be about the UFC. Was this announced on Fight Night? I didn't have the chance to see it. And when?

It will be an unbelievable fight - although that may have been a slightly overhyped announcement.I am currently without cable - any chance of a few results?

Surfing a few MMA fourms and they are saying the fight will be in May...

This fight is going to be very nice. The UFC in 2006 is going to be unreal. How about Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz, that should be a good fight as well.It was nice to see that Texas Dolly scored ringside seats for the live event.

Royce Gracie is a frickin badass.  He will armbar Hughes by the end of the first round
Hughes is going to beat the shit out of Royce. Royce, while a great grappler, has not evolved his game (at least the last times we saw him). Being mounted is no longer an undefendable position, and fighters today are incredibly well rounded, Hughes being perhaps one of the most well rounded. My friend described it best, while it's going to be a great "novelty fight" there is really only one choice to win this thing.
Ever check out Pride?Not as good but it passes time very well.
dude, pride is light years better then UFC, don't know what u've been watchinganyway. Hughes will win as the current climate of UFC doesn't play into Royce's game at all. Royce has always been about having very long fights and using his techniques to beat the opponent, well, here we have 5 minute rounds and we also have judges that only look at each round as a seperate entity as opposed to the pride style where they look at the whole fight and who was trying to finish more. Royce WILL NOT get pwned as many believe. He is still in great shape and has adapted to the modern MMA style much better then most think. It was his own insistence of not having judges that screwed him out of a win against Yoshida(who would beat the hell out of hughes).really though, this is just a way for UFC to get a big buy-rate and not fully saturate the Vegas market because they are running almost 5 or 6 straight shows in Vegas

I agree, Pride is unbelievable . Only Pride I can see is that show on FSN but it seems more like an infomercial for their pay-per-view shows than a real show. I could download the videos off of emule, though but I always hate waiting for 2 days to see them. Vanderlei Silva is a monster. That guy seriously scares me. There are some real beats on Pride. I've seen some guys get hit in the many many times but they just wouldn't go down. Ken Shamrock fought some guy and he beat the hell out of him with numerous upper cuts but the guy just wouldn't fall. He eventually had to just throw in the towel because he was tired or something.

I agree,  Pride is unbelievable .    Only Pride I can see is that show on FSN but it seems more like an infomercial for their pay-per-view shows than a real show.     I could download the videos off of emule, though but I always hate waiting for 2 days to see them.  Vanderlei Silva is a monster.   That guy seriously scares me.    There are some real beats on Pride.    I've seen some guys get hit in the many many times but they just wouldn't go down.     Ken Shamrock fought some guy and he beat the hell out of him with numerous upper cuts but the guy just wouldn't fall.   He eventually had to just throw in the towel because he was tired or something.
As one of my friends said, " I wish I was Silva, because then I know I could beat the shit out of anyone I wanted."
As one of my friends said, " I wish I was Silva, because then I know I could beat the shit out of anyone I wanted."
How about Bob Sapp? He's fighting for Pride now.
u aren't that up to date are u. He was always on a K-1 contract