i got a chance to watch daniel play for most of the day and will say his table was a tough one.Daniel was sitting in seat 6 , tony bloom in set 7 , kenna james in seat 8, j sui (the maniac) in seat 9.when daniel came back from the 4 pm break his chip count was about 4500$ the blinds were 100/200 and anti's (25( started.Daniel started to get the table laughing, cracking jokes and even got the rail birds in on the action ~ for a guy who was about to be blinded down his personality kicked in and with in 20 mins added 2k to his stack.Then daniel got into a pot with and extremely tight player siting in seat 2, daniel made a great read on the guy and pushed in with his pocket 2's with the board reading 8 9 5 6 , seat 2 had aj and called him , daniel yells out "dont do it to me) with that the river brings the 7 for the split pot.after that daniel went silent and tony bloom busted him.

It is getting very hard reading about how DN makes all the right plays and still can not make it even slightly deep into any tourny lately. I really enjoy DN's blog and I think he is a great player, but this is getting really tough to swallow.Here hoping DN is doing well when he goes to the BIG GAME in Bobby's Room.

It is getting very hard reading about how DN makes all the right plays and still can not make it even slightly deep into any tourny lately. I really enjoy DN's blog and I think he is a great player, but this is getting really tough to swallow.Here hoping DN is doing well when he goes to the BIG GAME in Bobby's Room.
From what I read, Daniel got busted on a hand in which he was a slight underdog. That's generally not the "right play".

when daniel went all in he was going to be blinded and anti'ed down ~he got his chips in with top pair .what people dont know is that kenna james wap limping in to every pot daniel bet ( kenna was the big stack) daniel had a big bulls eye on him !!!

It is getting very hard reading about how DN makes all the right plays and still can not make it even slightly deep into any tourny lately.  I really enjoy DN's blog and I think he is a great player, but this is getting really tough to swallow.Here hoping DN is doing well when he goes to the BIG GAME in Bobby's Room.
From what I read, Daniel got busted on a hand in which he was a slight underdog. That's generally not the "right play".
Just because I got it all in in a coin flip situation, doesn't mean it wasn't the right play. Remember, I was very short stacked.
Wow. Limps/calls monster raise with 2/2 and then continues calling off his entire stack with a single pair ... Calls a single raiser with 10 high and then plays the pair of 10's for all his chips... *shudders*
must be esfandiari

Wow, doesen't anyone else think some of these people are being a little too sarcastic of Daniel's play? Earlier blogger wrote that they thought it was getting tough to swallow that since Daniel makes the right plays he still doesen't make it to the final table. Hasn't anyone here had a session where they were playing flawless poker, making the correct laydowns and such, and then got outdrawn on hand after hand when they have the goods or at least a slightly better hand? From what I have read and watched in live updates, it sounds like Daniel is doing a pretty good job for the situations he is put into. Of course I'm not saying not to judge someones play, but what I am saying is after it has been carefully described in detail, the situation and very good explanations, maybe people shouldn't be so tough in their judgements. Just a thought. best regards,Andy

Wow, doesen't anyone else think some of these people are being a little too sarcastic of Daniel's play? Earlier blogger wrote that they thought it was getting tough to swallow that since Daniel makes the right plays he still doesen't make it to the final table. Hasn't anyone here had a session where they were playing flawless poker, making the correct laydowns and such, and then got outdrawn on hand after hand when they have the goods or at least a slightly better hand? From what I have read and watched in live updates, it sounds like Daniel is doing a pretty good job for the situations he is put into. Of course I'm not saying not to judge someones play, but what I am saying is after it has been carefully described in detail, the situation and very good explanations, maybe people shouldn't be so tough in their judgements. Just a thought. best regards,Andy
Andy,I dislike being tough on the player I enjoy watching the most. I wasn't saying he should make it to the final table everytime either. I just would love for him to tighten up a little and make it farther into the tourny is all. I know that is not really his style, and I am just some dork who hasn't been playing as long as he has, but I want to see him do well. I think it helps TV poker and Poker in general when DN does well. He brings a lot of people to the game. He is a personality that makes watching poker on TV exciting and entertaining. 2005 was not DN's year tourny wise, and it might just be time for him to mix it up a bit. Just my humble opinion. I wish DN nothing but great LUCK in 2006. ***FLAME AWAY FOLKS*** :wink:
you keep forgetting everyone BUT Daniel on FCP is a perfect poker player...BEING that Daniel is the resident pro...means nothing!!name many pro's that have had consistant winning years...he's on a slide...as long as he can't minimize the losses he's doing ok

To lordchadwick36:I cannot agree with you more. When almost any pro makes it far in a tourney it does the game alot of good, showing that it can be a stable form of living and just the sheer entertainment value. Daniel is probably one of the hottest players on the tour, although last year may not have been his best I have a feeling he will make a pretty good showing this year, we still have 11 more months to go. Thanks for the good post.Best regards,Andy

MTT poker is NOT a "stable" way to make a living.
Don't tell Chris "Jesus" Ferguson(sp) that. He has made quite a stable living off of MTTs. I have heard that Jesus plays very little cash game poker.
That may be, but it certainly isn't the norm.Cash games not only favor the better players, hence giving them +EV, but are also much easier on the schedule. Show up whenever, leave whenever.I assume you already know this, but im just throwing it out there.$0.02 (I saw a poster on a different thread use that, and I thought it fit well here, don't worry I'm not a biter)
er.
That may be' date=' but it certainly isn't the norm.Cash games not only favor the better players, hence giving them +EV, but are also much easier on the schedule. Show up whenever, leave whenever.I assume you already know this, but im just throwing it out there.$0.02 (I saw a poster on a different thread use that, and I thought it fit well here, don't worry I'm not a biter)[/quote']Good point! :-)
MTT poker is NOT a "stable" way to make a living.
Don't tell Chris "Jesus" Ferguson(sp) that. He has made quite a stable living off of MTTs. I have heard that Jesus plays very little cash game poker.
That may be, but it certainly isn't the norm.Cash games not only favor the better players, hence giving them +EV, but are also much easier on the schedule. Show up whenever, leave whenever.I assume you already know this, but im just throwing it out there.$0.02 (I saw a poster on a different thread use that, and I thought it fit well here, don't worry I'm not a biter)
good point :-)